Day 2 complete, bad day :(

Usatonik

It does get better!!  I completed my first Whole 30 last week & my cooking has become very streamlined & fast.  Save special, complicated recipes for the weekends.  I recommend you buy some pre-chopped veggies, packaged pre-washed salad greens & make large quantities of protein for the week (hard boiled eggs, whole roasted chickens, pot roast, carnitas).  Also have plenty of nuts and compliant deli meats on hand.  The key to not spending all of your time in the kitchen is preparing enough food for a few days and then throwing dishes together.  For breakfast I have been eating salad greens, half an avocado, slivered almonds and two hard boiled eggs (Costco sells peeled hard boiled eggs) with a vinaigrette. (or just use olive oil, lemon & salt if you don't have any vinaigrette made).  Lunch is leftovers from the night before or the salad bar from the market.  For dinner, I just roast whatever I have on hand.  Last night it was skinless, boneless chicken thighs, pre-chopped butternut squash & broccolini roasted in olive oil & salt.  I put the chicken & butternut squash in first, roasted it for 30 minutes & then add the broccolini at the end for 10 minutes.  Roasting is easy because it takes 5 minutes to prep & then you just sit around and wait for it to roast.  Good luck!!

Totally worth it! Prep is everything - also taking a little time once a week to write out a plan has been very helpful for me. Then i put a list on fridge so i know what's prepped/ ready to go etc and i can make a quick decision when i need to.

Also, don't forget that the first few days are the hardest. Hang in there!

Archived