intro

Jtandi

I am another January 1st starter and super excited! and super scared! I am starting from cookie breakfasts and Coke zero lunches with a few hundred slices of pizza in between. I am a true sugar addict and, in true addict form, I have been spending these last few days getting in a couple last "binges" - sad but true. I have cut out all forms of sugar in the past and have been very successful until I try to add a small amount back, and invariably go back to full on sugar addiction...sigh...so I am fully aware that it is very likely I will not be able to add sugar back in my diet for a very long time, if ever.

my hubby says he is on board, but realistically I would venture to guess it will be less than 1 day that he sticks, which I am totally fine with, he's already been warned to not bring anything into the house! we have two girls, 17 months and 8 years, and it's so important for me to start them on the right track for eating. I am especially excited to see how the elimination of processed food and sugar affects my 8 year old, she is a gymnast and does 6+ hours a week in the gym, soon to be upped to 10 or so hours...

my biggest fear is being at work where a lot of my triggers are. I only work 2 days a week as a nurse in an ER, but I have my routine which includes going down to get my two 20oz bottles of coke zero, bag of chips, and candy at the beginning of my shift and muching all day long. I have started to plan ahead and have ordered some paleo pacs, gotten some Lara bars, and already love crystal geyser sparkling water. I know the intent of the whole30 is to change the way we eat, not substitute, so I may end up with a whole45 or 60 and allow the use of paleo pacs and lara bars as substitutes for my snacks while my body cleans itself out. then rely on them less and less until I am weaned off of constant snacking.

WHOA, sorry, long intro! for those of us who are starting Jan 1 or 2 are we going to have a daily check in? anyone interested? I would love to be able to get a group going where we can check in, share tips, share ideas and recipes, and offer encouragement...

Welcome!

By following the food template and ensuring you get the protein, veggies, and ESPECIALLY the recommended fats, you should not have to snack. I can tell you that I was a six time a day eater, and now I can go easily 6-7 hours between meals. You are definitely going to experience some withdrawals from that former life, but you have such wonderful goals to keep you motivated; the health of your daughters!

You came to the right place for support!

Congrats on starting your journey!

And you might be pleasantly surprised at how satisfied you can be for several hours with real food. Definitely be prepared, but don't expect to need those Lara bars. If you think you need them, you will. If you think you can do this without snacks, you are far most likely to succeed!

I only fall into the snacking pattern when I've eaten non compliant for a few days. Otherwise I'm fine with 3 or 4 meals depending on my schedule and workout routine.

Welcome to the community!

Archived