Starting January 15th!

Ericia

Hi Erica! My husband and I are starting our second whole30 on 1/15. Our last one was February 2017 and we felt amazing! Our eating habits have changed for the better since but we have slowly added in alcohol, rice, some dairy, and many whole30/paleo compliant treats. The holidays and a recent vacation have been tough. We have gotten way off track and feel awful! We are looking forward to getting our butts back in gear with another whole30. Wishing you lots of luck!! 

Hello!

I'm starting with group of friends on January 15th too. One of which already did a whole30 with me the first time in July - 4 others who are brand new to whole30! Really excited to support each other in this journey. I have been feeling sluggish, sad and not myself and my sugar dragon was RAGING around christmas. I think it was the worst its EVER been. I'm ready to do this again. I hope to stick to a mostly whole30 diet afterwards. I have since my first in July but I want to try and be more whole30 after this second one. I miss how good I felt and my clothes fit so much better, my mind was better....so many good things. I'm hoping my friends will stick with it so they can experience the same goodness I did.

I’m starting my second whole30 on 1/15 too. The first was february 2017 and it changed my life. It helped to stabilize mood, levels of anxiety, energy levels, as well as improving overall physical health. It’s been hard to maintain and I’ve slowly added grains, dairy, and sugar/artificial sweeteners. After the holidays and a recent anniversary trip, I can’t wait to get back on track! My husband will be doing it with me for a second time but I found this forum very helpful last time. I would like to join the Facebook group if possible?

Day 1...I binged on seven layer dip and ice cream cake at a birthday party yesterday :(. Ugh! Going to make the next few days tough. But, I feel I got it out of my system and only looking forward now. Wishing you all a great experience. Happy to have you all for support!! 

I started my 3rd round yesterday. My first was literally life-changing and the second was blighted by glandular fever - I believe it's called mono in other parts of the world  (which I didn't know until after I had finished - was relieved to know why I had been feeling so rubbish and why I hadn't felt the energy that whole30 brought in round one). 

I was fairly certain this afternoon that I was going to give up today because we've had heavy snow which Glasgow is just not equipped for and it took me 4 hours to get home when it normally takes 20-30 minutes!! Had to abandon my car, got a bus some more of the way and then had to walk the last mile into our village. So, the cold frittata that I was meant to have for dinner while I was meant to be out working tonight (groups and meetings were cancelled) didn't seem all that appetising when I finally got home. Glad to say I managed to throw together compliant plate of hot food and stay on track!

How are you all getting on?

Yikes! Sounds like a rough day. Awesome job sticking with it despite all the weather craziness. Tomorrow will be a better day for sure! 

Im feeling tired and kinda cranky tonight, which I’m not surprised by. About to eat some dinner soon so hopefully that will help with the irritability! 

I saw a girl at the gym yesterday who is on day 15. She looks great and, more importantly, it’s obvious she feels great! Motivation!!!

Hope me everyone else is hanging in there. 

Hi!  Sooooo happy to find your post!  Im a newbie....

My husband and I started on January 15! So, we are on day 3.  We took everyone's advice and prepped, prepped, prepped.  We made a week's worth of mason jar salads...they look delicious in the fridge and they stay so crunchy! This forum seems like such a great support!  Glad to have it here.  Good luck everyone! 

Hi everyone!  I started a day later on January 16.  This is day 3 and I feel yucky.  I really hope y'all are doing great!  I want to read all your posts so I can get really excited! I work full time and my mother, who has dementia, lives with my husband and me along with 2 of our adult children.  My life is a little cray cray.  I made a big mistake and did not prep like I should have and I am paying the price.  My daughter is doing it with me, but, fairly unwillingly so I'm doing all the work and mostly she's just complaining.  lol I hope day 4 is better!! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..... 

Archived