Ate a ton, but hungry all day

Hi there,

I’m on R2D13 and have mostly been doing great - haven’t had to fend off too many cravings, was exhausted and sick earlier this week but now seeming to hit a big energy boost.

last time I did a W30, I remember getting really sick of certain foods and not having an appetite.  This time, I’m hitting the opposite problem.  Today, I ate 4 legit meals and yet here I am at 10pm still hungry.  Since I know the first question is always “tell me about your meals” I’ll preemptively share:

7:30am Breakfast: 1 Chicken Apple Sausage, 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes with onion and garlic cooked in a ridiculous quantity of ghee.  Coffee with nutpod creamer.

11:30am Lunch: 1 chicken and herb sausage, 1.5 cups carrot noodles, 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 avocado

4:00pm Dinner (#1): Blue Apron Whole30 chicken lettuce wraps (ground chicken, carrots, radish, mushrooms, garlic) - 2 wraps in the lettuce, then I just started eating the chicken and veggie mixture straight.  Coffee with nutpod creamer.

Snack: RxBar

8:00pm Dinner (#2): 1.5 cups “Egg roll in a bowl” (pork, cabbage, carrots, onion, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, green onion, with 1T chipotle mayo on top plus a fried egg on top)

At each meal, I ate until I felt full.  Then, within a couple hours I was famished. I asked myself the question about being hungry enough to eat fish and veggies and the answer was always yes.  Here are my theories - yesterday’s meals were smaller, could this be my body making up for it?  Today, I got more exercise (about 20,000 steps instead of usual 10 -12k).  Did I just burn more so I needed more?

looking forward to your wisdom!

theresa

• Administrators

Your breakfast and lunch are quite light on protein. Breakfast is your foundation meal and if you've been undereating at these two meals for While that could account for it. Add a couple eggs to breakfast or serve yourself tow sausages instead of one when that is your protein and see how you do. 

Are you on or nearing your period? This is also a time when your body needs more food.

Archived