Not Waiting Until January!

blissteach

Well, I decided to start another Whole30 today rather than January 1. I have been productive today--made olive oil mayo, vinaigrette (which I used to marinate some chicken), made a fritatta (bacon, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes), made kale chips (for the first time--burned quite a few of them). Trying desperately to stay away from the Diet Dr. Pepper!

Anyway, setting myself up for success by preparing foods in advance for the week. I know myself well enough that if I make up my mind and not make excuses, I can be successful. I did a Whole30 in August, but went back to my evil ways immediately afterward. Gained weight, plus I always feel bloated and gassy no matter what I eat.

Hi, I really admire your productivity. Planning in advance is definitely half the battle. I'm starting another one tomorrow, so today I shopped and tomorrow I'm going to do menu plans for the week. If I know what I'm going to be eating it saves dithering and pfaffing about and with no decisions to make, I've no excuse for bad choices :)

I had to start early too! I'm so ready to start feeling good again. I also did a Whole30 in August and after went back to eating worse that I was before the Whole30. I'm determined not to let that happen this time and am looking forward to learning more about myself and what my body needs to make me feel my best.

I also did a Whole30 in August and after went back to eating worse that I was before the Whole30. I'm determined not to let that happen this time

Deanna, have you identified why you went back to eating worse than before you started? That is one reason I will not do "diets" anymore, and I have been telling myself that the Whole30 will be different because it's more tightening up an already pretty good way of eating.

Just curious if you know (or have guessed) what happened, and how to have a different outcome this time...?

Terez

Deanna, have you identified why you went back to eating worse than before you started? That is one reason I will not do "diets" anymore, and I have been telling myself that the Whole30 will be different because it's more tightening up an already pretty good way of eating.

Just curious if you know (or have guessed) what happened, and how to have a different outcome this time...?

Terez

Terez,

I think the biggest reason for me was my social environment and lack of support system. My friends all thought I was crazy eating this way and the concept of no alcohol for 30 days was just insane to them. They were supportive for the most part but I felt like they were counting down the days until I would be "normal" again and join them in their SAD. Sadly, I gave into that and crashed pretty hard the first week. It wasn't necessarily that I wanted to but felt the peer pressure and frankly wanted to be "normal" and not have to constantly explain what I was doing and why I was doing it. I don't blame them and certainly don't regret that experience though, it reinforced in me how addicting sugar and processed foods are. I've got a better support system now and a friend to do my next Whole30 with. I really think it helps to have people in your life who are willing to listen and understand what you are going through. I think this time around with the Whole30 (probably actually gonna be a Whole45) will be much better because of what I learned after my first one. I also plan on actually following the reintroduction plan this time too.

Hopefully that helps you out. Good Luck!

Deanna

Ah, Makes sense, Deanna. Great to know you've got a friend doing this with you.

My circle thinks I'm overly restrictive in my eating BUT they are willing to humor me. The biggest thing is dessert time at family dinners. In January I'm cooking all the family dinners (every Sunday at my mother's house) so I'll come up with some kind of "legal" dessert (baked apples with dates and nuts, for example).

Thanks!

Archived