Sudden nausea after normal breakfast?

Hi all.

I haven't officially started my W30 yet because I have set my start date for Feb. 3 (reasons -- trust me it makes sense to do it that way), but I have been experimenting with meal composition and getting a handle on meal-prep, etc. So you could say I'm doing a "soft start" before going in whole hog (kind of like reintroduction phase but in reverse). In any case the past week or so my breakfast has usually been a version of bulletproof coffee (coffee w/ vanilla bean ghee, cinnamon, & keto collagen protein + MCT powder), eggs w/ herbs, sliced avocado, & some sweet potato. I have been fine with this breakfast & have eaten these foods my whole life without issue. The BPC is new-ish to my diet but it's been about 2-3 weeks on it and I haven't had any reactions.

Today I had my BPC without issue (I have a long commute so usually drink my BPC on the commute and then eat my breakfast first thing when I get to work). One bite of breakfast = fine. Bite #2 = sudden terrible nausea. I almost threw up right then and there. My body was all, "NOOOOOPE!"

This has never happened before. I stopped eating right away and snagged a bit of candied ginger (totally off-limits but I haven't started W30 officially yet and I did not want to yuke all over my desk :) --after my start date I will just munch on straight ginger slices). The ginger helped but I am scared to go after my eggs again... but I also don't want to skip breakfast!

It is absolutely impossible that I am pregnant so it's not that.

The eggs tasted fine and did not seem old/off/bad. The only difference is today I was out of sweet potato so my breakfast was just eggs cooked in oil & herbs + avocado.  Nausea is my kryptonite (I can muscle through just about any pain or fatigue but the slightest bit of nausea and I am down, useless, wishing for my own death), so I am really nervous about trying these eggs again.

Any ideas what could be happening here?

• Administrators

You might be coming down with the flu. Per your own description, there was nothing wrong with your breakfast and it's food you are used to eating for the last 2-3 weeks. It is cold and flu season after all.

Archived