Lightheaded

I’m on day 12. I’m currently nursing an 8 month old. For the past few days, maybe even a week, I get lightheaded when standing up. And sometimes thru the day I feel weak. I’m eat until I feel full. If I’m hungry I snack. But I’ve noticed I’m more full faster and can go longer without getting hungry. Maybe I’m not eating enough carbs? Idk this feeling makes me want to quit. I’m worried it might start affecting my supply. I drink enough water. Here is what I ate yesterday. 

B: 1 banana, 2 fried eggs 

S: apple

L: ground beef, salsa, lettuce

S: Lara bar

D: 8oz ribeye including the fat, mushrooms, 7 small shrimp, roasted potatoes( prolly only half a potato I was full)

S: orange 

so far today I had 3 eggs over easy for breakfast and a banan for a snack. Lunch is coming up. Planning on a salad with chicken, tomato, romaine, carrots, and ranch with franks red hot. Dinner will be pot roast with potatoes and carrots 

• Moderators

This is all you're eating and you're breastfeeding?  Definitely why you're feeling light headed.  Have you seen the template?  You have no fat and no veggies with your breakfast and eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping.

You have no fat in your lunch and lettuce and salsa aren't really 'plate full of veggies'.

Your dinner looks better.

We recommend that pregnant or breastfeeding women eat four meals a day and also supplement with full fat coconut milk or avocado or olives throughout the day.

Eat more!

Thanks. I will try to eat more. Whole 30 is completely different for me. I have to force down eggs for breakfast. And eating dinner food for breakfast is so unappetizing. I’ll make some breakfast potatoes to eat with them. 

As for lunch I have no time to cook and eat leftovers. My normal lunches were sandwiches and chips. 

Im also just not hungry during the day anymore. What template are you talking about? I have the book but didn’t see one.  

I’m really running out of snacks to eat quickly besides Lara bars and nuts and fruit or veggies. 

39 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

This is all you're eating and you're breastfeeding?  Definitely why you're feeling light headed.  Have you seen the template?  You have no fat and no veggies with your breakfast and eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping.

You have no fat in your lunch and lettuce and salsa aren't really 'plate full of veggies'.

Your dinner looks better.

We recommend that pregnant or breastfeeding women eat four meals a day and also supplement with full fat coconut milk or avocado or olives throughout the day.

Eat more!

I thought eggs did have fat in them? And my lunch was basically supposed to be tacos, idk what else to add to them. 

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Erickaplustwo said:

Thanks. I will try to eat more. Whole 30 is completely different for me. I have to force down eggs for breakfast. And eating dinner food for breakfast is so unappetizing. I’ll make some breakfast potatoes to eat with them. 

As for lunch I have no time to cook and eat leftovers. My normal lunches were sandwiches and chips. 

Im also just not hungry during the day anymore. What template are you talking about? I have the book but didn’t see one.  

I’m really running out of snacks to eat quickly besides Lara bars and nuts and fruit or veggies. 

The template is linked in my signature below.

If you're not hungry but you're light headed AND you're breastfeeding, then it's likely that your hormones are off and the only way to fix that is to plate a template meal and eat it... 3-4 times a day.  That's also indicated by feeling grossed out by eating breakfast... again, there's no way of fixing that besides plating up a meal and eating it... if you can't get it all down, eat around the plate of protein, veggies and ADDED fat and then if you can't keep going, save it and eat from it again as soon as you feel able (not waiting for your next meal or hunger).  This should resolve itself in a few days to a week.

Larabars are approved for emergencies only, not daily snacks.  Fruit and nuts are not recommended to be eaten on their own and instead, mini meals between meals should be protein and fat.  It's also recommended that breastfeeding women eat more fat and more starchy carbs throughout the day than non breastfeeding people so trade that fruit and nuts and plain veggies for protein and fat.

In your other comment to me you asked if eggs don't already have fat.  Yes, they do have a bit of fat and if you were 100% stable on the plan and not complaining of lightheadeness, then maybe that would be sufficient fat for you but it's clearly not.

Your lunch of tacos could have had more hearty veggies included other than just lettuce and salsa... mushrooms, brussels sprouts, broccoli, starchy veg, cabbage, chard... more veggies.

13 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

The template is linked in my signature below.

If you're not hungry but you're light headed AND you're breastfeeding, then it's likely that your hormones are off and the only way to fix that is to plate a template meal and eat it... 3-4 times a day.  That's also indicated by feeling grossed out by eating breakfast... again, there's no way of fixing that besides plating up a meal and eating it... if you can't get it all down, eat around the plate of protein, veggies and ADDED fat and then if you can't keep going, save it and eat from it again as soon as you feel able (not waiting for your next meal or hunger).  This should resolve itself in a few days to a week.

Larabars are approved for emergencies only, not daily snacks.  Fruit and nuts are not recommended to be eaten on their own and instead, mini meals between meals should be protein and fat.  It's also recommended that breastfeeding women eat more fat and more starchy carbs throughout the day than non breastfeeding people so trade that fruit and nuts and plain veggies for protein and fat.

In your other comment to me you asked if eggs don't already have fat.  Yes, they do have a bit of fat and if you were 100% stable on the plan and not complaining of lightheadeness, then maybe that would be sufficient fat for you but it's clearly not.

Your lunch of tacos could have had more hearty veggies included other than just lettuce and salsa... mushrooms, brussels sprouts, broccoli, starchy veg, cabbage, chard... more veggies.

Thank you! But I’m not seeing your signature? Is it because I’m on my phone?

8 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Oh shoot, probably...here's the link http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Thank you so much for your help. Everything I eat is cooked in tons of ghee haha. I’ll make some breakfast potatoes with peppers to go with my eggs and pick up some coconut milk and avacado. Also try to bulk up my lunches and snacks. Hope this fixes soon. I really need to do this whole 30 to heal my gut. That’s really the only reason I’m doing this. Since I’m having these problems I did weigh myself just now, I know it’s against the rules. I lost too much weight for 12 days so I’m going to be making changes!! 

Archived