paleo food delivered

batmomm2000

I would contact them and find out EXACTLY how everything is prepared - is anything (meat, veggies, nuts?) cooked in butter or oil, and if so what type do they use? I would also find out if the seasonings have dairy, soy, wheat or corn in them. I would think the bacon has sugar in it as it doesn't specify sugar-free.

It could be a great deal if they really do make their foods truly paleo, but I'd be careful. We have a local company that makes "paleo" delivery meals and they use soy, seed oils, and cornstarch regularly in them. To me, that's not paleo and certainly not Whole30 compliant.

I'm sensing that it's not cooked. I think it's all the ingredients.

It says on their website that most of the items are cooked for convenience and then flash frozen. They do use grass fed beef and do not add any sugars but I would be very wary of what they cook things in and whether or not they inject their meats with something to keep them juicy. There is none of that info on their site. Unfortunately what makes something paleo does not necessarily make it W30 compliant. Give them a call and see if you can get an ingredients list.

Archived