Kirkland Pork Sirloin

JK21

I just bought the four pack of pork sirloin from Costco. When reading the ingredients it listed pork stock, salt and one other compliant ingredient. It does not mention what the pork stock is. Would it be compliant?

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, JK21 said:

I just bought the four pack of pork sirloin from Costco. When reading the ingredients it listed pork stock, salt and one other compliant ingredient. It does not mention what the pork stock is. Would it be compliant?

I think so as companies are obligated by law to include all ingredients... make sure nowhere on the package it says 'contains less than 2% of: xyz' as that's often where sugars and soy are hidden.  If you really want to know for sure, contact the company.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JLHill said:

I personally do not buy any meats where it has added "broth" or anything else because it's almost always a preservative of some sort. I have MS and those things can be very bad. Just my opinion.

Companies are obligated by law to outline what preservatives and other ingredients they put in their food, even if it's a complex ingredient IN another ingredient.  In the case of 'pork broth' I assume that since nothing is listed, it's pork that's been steeped in water and then the water (broth) added for flavor.

Archived