Portion size????

PhoenixH

I'm starting Day 2 of my first round of Whole 30.  Last night I made stuffed bell peppers.  The recipe said it would serve two, but I'll get four meals out of it.  Ditto with this morning's frittata.  I'm just wondering where these portion sizes are coming from.  Also, does anyone know if the frittata will freeze okay?  Thanks.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, PhoenixH said:

I'm starting Day 2 of my first round of Whole 30.  Last night I made stuffed bell peppers.  The recipe said it would serve two, but I'll get four meals out of it.  Ditto with this morning's frittata.  I'm just wondering where these portion sizes are coming from.  Also, does anyone know if the frittata will freeze okay?  Thanks.

Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping so calculate your frittatta servings based on how many eggs you used.  For the stuffed peppers, I'm not sure of the recipe, but you should be eating a palm-two palms of protein.. does that work out and still split the recipe in 4?

Fritatta freezes fine, it's just a bit watery when it thaws but if you thaw it and then drain and reheat it's fine.

Archived