Steriods?

Hello 

this was my first whole 30.  I started on Jan.1 i has been sick was prescribed steroids for the virus. I was still taking them when I started. I am 56 and have been taking HRT since June. 

So today day29. Not sure if I have had the results that others have been raving about. I have not weighed myself I swore I wouldn’t. 

But to be honest I think the steriods and  possibly the HRT has hindered my results.  I have been bloated achy and I’m pretty sure I didn’t loose any weight. 

Are there any others who have had these side affects? 

Feeling discouraged.. 

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Leslie Beard said:

Hello 

this was my first whole 30.  I started on Jan.1 i has been sick was prescribed steroids for the virus. I was still taking them when I started. I am 56 and have been taking HRT since June. 

So today day29. Not sure if I have had the results that others have been raving about. I have not weighed myself I swore I wouldn’t. 

But to be honest I think the steriods and  possibly the HRT has hindered my results.  I have been bloated achy and I’m pretty sure I didn’t loose any weight. 

Are there any others who have had these side affects? 

Feeling discouraged.. 

Unfortunately when you add in factors like steroids and HRT, that can really slow down progress... often the results others are raving about are from people in entirely different context than yours - they could be younger, not be on medication, not have had to take a prescription etc.  

If you would like us to take a look at your meals and see if anything stands out, feel free to post a few days worth including portion sizes, specific veggies, fruit, fat and protein and we can see if anything stands out but honestly it may take you more than 30 days in your context... it sucks but it's reality when you have significant outside factors going on.

Thank you so much!  I definitely know that the steroids affect your sugar levels. 

I wasn’t sure if the HRT would. 

Thank goodness The steriods was only for a week. 

I do agree that I should follow the whole 30 for a longer time period. I was going to do the slow reintroduction but I think I will just do it all over again starting next week.  I have 2 big events this weekend so it would be difficult since I will be  eating out Saturday and sunday.  Will try to stay as clean as I can! 

Thank you again!  

So for my breakfast I have 1 egg 2@1 sausage link or slice of bacon, 2 hand fulls if spinach, 1/2 sweet potato. 1/2 cup mixed berries with 2teaspoons of coconut cream. 

I was eating larger portions at first.. but I have been the last 2-3 weeks cut my portion sizes down.. also when I was sick I was darling a lot more fruit grapefruit oranges!  So I have cut back on that too. 

So maybe I should just keep going and not start all over.. just stay the course?? 

A368775D-DB8C-45A6-B576-6DD6736C56EF.jpeg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Leslie Beard said:

I was eating larger portions at first.. but I have been the last 2-3 weeks cut my portion sizes down..

Why? 

Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping... that's 3-4 for most people, or you can use two eggs and some leftover meat.  If you're doing half the eggs you can hold, then you'd do a half to a whole palm of protein.  Your breakfast also does have fat in the form of the coconut cream but monitor how you feel and if you're getting hungry before 4-5 hours (after you bump up the meal to the right template otherwise) then add more fat.

I will say that whole plate looks DELICIOUS!  A bit too light but delicious!

Thank you for all your help by the way!  

You don’t know how I was feeling so discouraged and didn’t know where to turn!! Okay I was just feeling so bloated and by week 3 I had lost my appetite. So I thought if I cut back on the portions. But I will def add more protein!  This is my lunch today! 

Arugula salad with cucumbers tomatoes kalamata olives roasted peppers!  About Tablesloon EVOO red wine vinegar salt and pepper. With smoked salmon with capers.. 

weird combo I know! But I love all things sour savory pickled!  

73C3AA14-6684-4F23-83DA-B46DFE3EA200.jpeg

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Leslie Beard said:

Thank you for all your help by the way!  

You don’t know how I was feeling so discouraged and didn’t know where to turn!! Okay I was just feeling so bloated and by week 3 I had lost my appetite. So I thought if I cut back on the portions. But I will def add more protein!  This is my lunch today! 

Arugula salad with cucumbers tomatoes kalamata olives roasted peppers!  About Tablesloon EVOO red wine vinegar salt and pepper. With smoked salmon with capers.. 

weird combo I know! But I love all things sour savory pickled!  

73C3AA14-6684-4F23-83DA-B46DFE3EA200.jpeg

That looks great.  Is the salmon the equivalent to 1-2 of your own palms (width x thickness x length).  It looks a bit small but I don't know your personal metrics of palm size.

Bloating is not uncommon where you were when you decided to reduce your meals... go back to basics, get those meals to template and I bet you feel better :)

Yes I was thinking it was small too went back for seconds!   

I will def up my protein!! Thank you again!! 

Dinner... chicken Alfredo with broccoli florets with spaghetti squash. With coconut cream cashews chicken broth for sauce.. and some sautéed kale. 

919E0D9F-5183-43BB-A46D-2938F418A3C0.jpeg

Archived