Eggless Whole30

amuller

Hi everyone!  I have recently developed an allergy to eggs, which makes the Whole30 experience a little difficult.  Firstly, I want to know if anyone has any ideas for dressings/dippings/sauces that don't use mayo or eggs to jazz my meals up with (I do have an eggless mayo recipe, but I've also recently moved abroad so unfortunately it's too expensive for me to make).  Secondly, I obviously need some help with breakfasts.  I get gaggy when I eat a meat-heavy meal early in the morning, so does anyone have any ideas for recipes that are a bit light for me to make for breakfast?  Thanks in advance!

• Moderators
6 hours ago, amuller said:

Hi everyone!  I have recently developed an allergy to eggs, which makes the Whole30 experience a little difficult.  Firstly, I want to know if anyone has any ideas for dressings/dippings/sauces that don't use mayo or eggs to jazz my meals up with (I do have an eggless mayo recipe, but I've also recently moved abroad so unfortunately it's too expensive for me to make).  Secondly, I obviously need some help with breakfasts.  I get gaggy when I eat a meat-heavy meal early in the morning, so does anyone have any ideas for recipes that are a bit light for me to make for breakfast?  Thanks in advance!

Welcome!

these are both questions that have been discussed at length on this forum and are common enough to come up in google searches.  Google being the best way to search the forum, go ahead and try googling 'whole30 egg free' to start. As far as feeling 'gaggy' when you eat savory food in the morning, that's a direct result of imbalanced hormones which has also been discussed around here a LOT so you could try googling 'whole30 breakfast issues'.  Here's a start 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 5:18 AM, amuller said:

Hi Amuller,

I am not going eggless, but I have reduced their use considerably since I am trying to lower cholesterol.  My favorite breakfast is an apple or banana with a couple of tablespoons of almond butter.  I know that you are over seas now and don't have Whole Foods or Fresh Thyme handy but maybe nut shops would be able to supply you with your favorite nut butter.  I prefer almond butter to peanut butter. I reintroduced peanut butter a few days ago, and it just did not taste good at all.  I will stick with my almond butter. 

Another idea would be to use whatever was for dinner as breakfast.  Last night I made spaghetti with spaghetti squash for dinner.  It was just as good for breakfast :P

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, CMB227 said:

Hi Amuller,

I am not going eggless, but I have reduced their use considerably since I am trying to lower cholesterol.  My favorite breakfast is an apple or banana with a couple of tablespoons of almond butter.  I know that you are over seas now and don't have Whole Foods or Fresh Thyme handy but maybe nut shops would be able to supply you with your favorite nut butter.  I prefer almond butter to peanut butter. I reintroduced peanut butter a few days ago, and it just did not taste good at all.  I will stick with my almond butter. 

Another idea would be to use whatever was for dinner as breakfast.  Last night I made spaghetti with spaghetti squash for dinner.  It was just as good for breakfast :P

First, dietary cholesterol is not as impactful to blood cholesterol as was once believed.  Second, fruit and nut butter is not a template recommended breakfast and while if you eat this you're still technically doing a Whole30, you're not going to see the magic that comes from eating a proper breakfast within an hour of waking and we don't encourage members to encourage others to eat this way.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine raises ducks and gave me two dozen duck eggs the other day.  I looked them up in comparison to chicken eggs and found that many people who are allergic to chicken eggs can eat duck eggs.  It might be worth checking out for you.  I won't be eating them because I also found out that they contain almost three times the cholesterol of chicken eggs, higher in protein and higher in calories.  I read that they are great in cooking because they make creamier sauces and smoother baked goods, but WOW, the fat, cholesterol and calories are waaay up there.  My dogs are going to be happy though, LOL.

Archived