Vitamin C Powders

FawnNG

Before I started Whole30 I was taking the goop GLOW morning skin superpowder.  I especially liked all the Vitamin C because flu season has been crazy.  Here are the ingredients:

• Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)
  • Vitmin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate)
  • Grape (Vitis vinifera) Seed Extract
  • CoQ10 (as ubinquinone)
  • Lutein
  • Zeaxanthin
  • Isomalto-oligosaccharides, natural flavors, citric acid, rebaudioside A, and silica.

So I stopped taking it because at the very least I think the Isomalto-oligosaccharides are problematic, but that wasn't completely clear to me from searching the forum.

Ever since, I've been looking for an easy Vitamin C powder I can drink with water in the morning.  I found something by MegaFood called Daily C-Protect Nutrient Booster Powder, which lists the following ingredients:

• FoodState Orange Vitamin C
  • FoodState Farm Fresh Fruit Phenolic Blend (Uncle Matt's Organic Whole Oranges (natural source of bioflavonoids), Organic Blueberry (natural source of anthocyanins), Organic Cranberry (natural source of proanthocyanidins))
  • Immune-Strengthening Herbal Blend (200 mg Organic Astragalus Root, 175 mg Organic Schisandra Berry)

The "FoodState Orange Vitamin C" has a registered mark, so I looked that up and a "Cytoplan" web site (UK-based) lists the following ingredients:

• Vitamin C complexed in citrus pulp, vegetable stearic acid, tablet coating (Vegetable Cellulose).

I'm starting to suspect that there is no Vitamin C powder out there for me to have in the mornings, but can anyone advise as to whether the goop GLOW or the MegaFood powder are Whole30 compliant?  And if not, due to what ingredients?  This info will be helpful during the 30 days, but also afterwards when I'm deciding what to re-introduce.  Thanks!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, FawnNG said:

Before I started Whole30 I was taking the goop GLOW morning skin superpowder.  I especially liked all the Vitamin C because flu season has been crazy.  Here are the ingredients:

• Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)
  • Vitmin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate)
  • Grape (Vitis vinifera) Seed Extract
  • CoQ10 (as ubinquinone)
  • Lutein
  • Zeaxanthin
  • Isomalto-oligosaccharides, natural flavors, citric acid, rebaudioside A, and silica.

So I stopped taking it because at the very least I think the Isomalto-oligosaccharides are problematic, but that wasn't completely clear to me from searching the forum.

Ever since, I've been looking for an easy Vitamin C powder I can drink with water in the morning.  I found something by MegaFood called Daily C-Protect Nutrient Booster Powder, which lists the following ingredients:

• FoodState Orange Vitamin C
  • FoodState Farm Fresh Fruit Phenolic Blend (Uncle Matt's Organic Whole Oranges (natural source of bioflavonoids), Organic Blueberry (natural source of anthocyanins), Organic Cranberry (natural source of proanthocyanidins))
  • Immune-Strengthening Herbal Blend (200 mg Organic Astragalus Root, 175 mg Organic Schisandra Berry)

The "FoodState Orange Vitamin C" has a registered mark, so I looked that up and a "Cytoplan" web site (UK-based) lists the following ingredients:

• Vitamin C complexed in citrus pulp, vegetable stearic acid, tablet coating (Vegetable Cellulose).

I'm starting to suspect that there is no Vitamin C powder out there for me to have in the mornings, but can anyone advise as to whether the goop GLOW or the MegaFood powder are Whole30 compliant?  And if not, due to what ingredients?  This info will be helpful during the 30 days, but also afterwards when I'm deciding what to re-introduce.  Thanks!

I doubt there are any compliant powders like this... they're meant to be drank so they probably all have sweetener of some sort - The MegaFood one probably has something on the label called 'other ingredients' or 'non medicinal ingredients'.  That said, for the purpose of Whole30, you're honestly eating so much nutritious food and a variety of veggies and some fruit that you shouldn't need a supplement.  What you do after the fact would be up to you on your reintro so if you wanted to use your item, you could just reintroduce it like you'll do with bread or dairy...

Archived