Stomach Bug.... Ugh!

TrayS

Ok so I just got back from holidays with the family, and seem to have caught a stomach bug. As I am starting my W30 tomorrow it got me thinking, what do people do when on W30 and encounter circumstances such as these? Forget 3 meals, today I'll be lucky to keep down my ginger beer (which I know is not W30 compliant). What is the protocol for acute illness, particularly one where keeping food down is a challenge?

I had that tummy bug the day after Christmas, lasted about 12 hours. I found drinking anything, even water, didn't stay put. Ugh!

I started back with soft food -- applesauce, banana, soft-boiled egg. It was pretty easy to be compliant. I felt like my body didn't want any junk!!!

I had enteritis for nearly two weeks during my first W30, that was why I did a W60. I know it's not recomended but, at it's very worst, coconut water was the only thing that kept me from being dehydrated, then herbal teas, broths, scrambled eggs etc. and just ease back into solids. Hope you feel better soon

Thanks, coconut water is probably better than the ginger beer I've been drinking today, I think I'll have my husband pick me up some and some applesauce and go from there.

I wish I had the energy to take on bone broth, but not so much. It sounds really good though.

Fortunately I think this one's a short term bug (two weeks, Kirsteen, that is awful!)

Archived