Prepping and Getting Ready to Roll - March 1st

KarlaREB

Just saying "HELLO" to my fellow Whole30ers and holding myself accountable by posting my introduction and my intent to start.  Looking forward to life changes!!  If anyone has any valuable getting started tips I'd greatly appreciate them!

Best,

Karla

Hey, I also plant to start on march 1st! This will be my second whole30, I did one back in august with great results, but I've slipped back into my same old habits and I'm ready to do another whole30 and get my mindset in a better place than it has been this past couple months!

Hi!  I'm in prep mode too and about to do my first one starting 3/1 - it's weird, just reading up and getting ready for it by paying attention to how I eat in general has already made me slow down a little (which is saying something) and start to shift gears.  I have a couple of workfriends who have done it in the past so I have them for support, but it is nice to have the Forum too.  Looking forward to learning some things about myself.  Glad to see some other 3/1'ers out there.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:21 PM, EllieHH said:

Hi!  I'm in prep mode too and about to do my first one starting 3/1 - it's weird, just reading up and getting ready for it by paying attention to how I eat in general has already made me slow down a little (which is saying something) and start to shift gears.  I have a couple of workfriends who have done it in the past so I have them for support, but it is nice to have the Forum too.  Looking forward to learning some things about myself.  Glad to see some other 3/1'ers out there.

Hi I'm still reading about Whole 30  and practicing with meals in preparation to start March 12, 2018. 

I just liked the 1st as a start date because I won't have to think to remember what day I'm on! #englishmajorproblems

I have broth made and butter (not mayo yet...meant to do that but haven't gotten to it) and eggs boiled and shopping done and lunch packed - right now it feels easy :).  I think breakfast is going to be hardest on days I have to leave home super-early - will just have to pack something and eat it when I get to work (long commute).

I really used the two weeks prep to start scaling back (no sugar in coffee but still cream, etc.) - the most interesting thing that happened so far in my "ramp up" is that I felt like I was eating MORE - clearly I had been skipping meals and then grazing - eating 3 meals seems like a lot of food so I am excited that it seems I won't be hungry.  I am pretty sure the cravings are going to do their thing though - I shall miss chips and salsa and shall have to distract myself around 3pm.

Nice to "meet" you!  Here we GO.

I’m also starting tomorrow, March 1st! Second round for me. With a new baby (3 months), I’m a bit nervous with the breastfeeding/supply side of things, but I’m loaded up with past forum info and knowing I need to eat lots of food! Excited to get going! 

I totally forgot about before pics and measurements - guess I will do that tonight!  Thanks for the reminder, Glassie16.  That would have been a bummer.  Hope everybody had a nice breakfast! (I'm west coast so still early here)

One week down!!  How's everyone doing?  I have the book, but hadn't been reading/following the timeline much until today.  Had been feeling very tired, but I see that comes with the territory.  Looks like the hardest days are just ahead, and just in time for the weekend.  Let's stay strong folks, we've got this!!!  

I'm doing pretty well too!  I had some tiredness early on, but that has passed - I have had several food dreams which is weird - mostly for things I don't even necessarily like in real life.  Weird.  My sister in law taught me the cinnamon in coffee thing a while ago - a tip is to put it in the grounds while brewing vs. in the cup - that way you don't end up with them collecting in the bottom (if you aren't doing it that way already).  I am shocked at how much I like coconut milk.  I am also shocked at how little I actually "cooked" before - when I thought I did it a lot!  Am having fun with new ingredients.  And the dishwashing...mercy.  Not as much fun with that.  My husband says our refrigerator looks like Harry Potter lives here with all the various concoctions :).  He's been a good sport.

Hang in there, friends - the good part is right around the corner!

One day to hump day.  All is well - a few digestive issues but nothing major.   I've had a few moments when I really wanted a snack - then I realized, duh, I can have a snack as long as it's compliant.  So, I need to do the "emergency snack" thing to leave in my car.   Hope the rest of you are still doing good!

Archived