Sugar during reintroduction?

tuzmusic

I’ve read the reintroduction section Of the book, where it talks about not having a schedule for added sugar. Does that mean that I don’t need to worry about sugar during my introduction, including my compliant days? Can I have cold cuts that are mostly compliant except for dextrose, for example? Sugar in my coffee? Obviously in moderation and small amounts.

And I can also worry less about, for instance, things cooked in noncompliant  oil during reintroduction? 

• Moderators

Because sugar is not generally a gut disruptor, you can mix sugar into your reintros - for instance, sugar in your coffee the day you try cream in your coffee etc... 

Oils matter right up until you're done reintroductions.  Soy oil, vegetable (corn) oil, canola oil all may be problematic for you - for instance, I cannot eat anything made with soy oil.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, tuzmusic said:

Thanks. Does this hold even for the compliant days in between reintro days?

For the compliant days between, everything should be as it was on Whole30; no sugar, grains, dairy etc.... you want to put the reintroduced item into a clean gut and then guage the reaction from the same space, so that means Whole30 between reintro days.  Another note, even if you introduce something, have your Whole30 days and find no reaction, you still leave that item off until the end of your reintroduction period.

Archived