Not just Weight Gain :)

golden4

First of all - yes - this is a post about weight gain. But I'm curious to see if the weight gain is a symptom of a larger issue. 

Finished my second great Whole 30! So much energy, sightly improved sleep (I really struggle with sleep), improved skin, lost those dang sugar and bread cravings. As another lovely bonus was 13lbs lost that I gained over the past year and a half. So I decided to reintroduce - slowly. Yay!

Day 31 Still whole 30

Day 32 Whole 30 with a piece of toast for breakfast

Day 33 Whole 30 with a glass of milk for breakfast

Day 34 Whole 30 (Crap!) I had a Diet Coke - rest of the day Whole 30

Day 35 Whole 30 

What I've been noticing as the days go on is weight was going right back up. I feel like I was dipping my toe into swimming pool ever so gently, and as each day went on I'd gain .5 to 1 pound. By day 13 I looked at the scale - back up 5 lbs. So I hopped back on the Whole 30 - I've been back for a week, but I am unsure if this is what I should do. I don't mind if the weight I've gained is normal and healthy, but I certainly want to identify if this is a problem, or just a natural thing going on in my body. Anyone notice similar results/experiences? 

Would you recommend trying each food group for a longer period of time?

Thanks a bunch!

A Day Example:

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs/spinach (with hot sauce)

Lunch - Salad with Tessemae's Dressing and Grilled Chicken

Dinner - Cauliflower, Baked Brussel Sprouts, Lean pork chop (or some other protein) - some nights it's spagetti squash noodles with turkey meatballs.

Snack - Tons of Water and maybe an epic bar.

• Administrators

The protocol is to try one food group a few times in one day and then go back to whole30 for at least 2 days. It's impossible to say what any of the reactions are when you daisy-chain the days together like that. Immediate weight gain is likely a symptom of inflammation being caused by one of these foods.

Archived