Staring April 1!

PK2018

Hi everyone. I’m starting my first whole 30 on April 1. I’m excited, but also very nervous. I’ve been having the worst cravings just because I’m mentally preparing for what is to come on Sunday. Any tips on how to deal with this fear?!

Something I struggle with is the after dinner snack monster that lives in me lol. My late night snacking is my hardest habit to break. Looking for people like you guys to hold myself accountable for this reset. What are your triggers? Together we can be successful!

I am definitely a grazer, and eating 3 meals a day without snacking is definitely going to be a challenge for me as well. I've been practicing this past week in preparation for my April 1st start date, by sipping tea when my snack monster shows it's ugly head!

I’m starting on 4/1/18 too! I just finished making room for my things in one cabinet so that’s the only place I have to go for cooking stuff. Is Mrs. Dash ok? Anyone know? And the tuna I have says it has vegetable broth and phosphate. It also says “Contains: FISH (TUNA), SOY”. Is this ok?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, MeganMorton56 said:

I’m starting on 4/1/18 too! I just finished making room for my things in one cabinet so that’s the only place I have to go for cooking stuff. Is Mrs. Dash ok? Anyone know? And the tuna I have says it has vegetable broth and phosphate. It also says “Contains: FISH (TUNA), SOY”. Is this ok?

The tuna is not okay because of the soy. Look for either water-packed ones that are low salt (because it's more likely to actually be in water, not broth, and therefore not have soy), or possibly ones packed in olive oil. (Note that Contains Soy is different than a package that says things like May Contain, or Packaged in a Facility That Also Processes -- those last two are to cover their backsides in case of cross contamination by something that is a common allergen, but the flat out statement that it contains something off plan means it's for sure in there.)

For the Mrs. Dash, have you read the ingredients on it? They have different varieties, some are compliant but I'm not sure all are -- you have to check the ingredients and see. If there's a particular ingredient you're not sure of, let us know what that is and we'll help you figure it out.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, MeganMorton56 said:

Ok ditching the tuna:) The Mrs. Dash ingredients I’m not sure about are: sweet chili, orange peel, lemon juice solids, citric acid, natural lemon flavor, celery seed, lemon juice powder, oil of lemon. 

? Thank you!

Those are okay.

On 3/29/2018 at 9:59 AM, BookNut107 said:

Something I struggle with is the after dinner snack monster that lives in me lol. My late night snacking is my hardest habit to break. Looking for people like you guys to hold myself accountable for this reset. What are your triggers? Together we can be successful!

I find that going to bed early helps with this. I brush my teeth right after dinner (and even go as far as putting them retainers in!) and try to sleep as early as I can. It definitely has helped me in terms of not snacking after dinner. Also, drinking water when I feel like snacking has been a good tip. 

Good Morning, Everyone!

Welcome to Day #2!  How was everyone able to handle Easter? 

I found myself eating a bowl of broccoli and a Salmon Frittata while my family dove into Honey Ham, corn casserole, grape salad (covered in brown sugar, dairy something, and nuts), and other extremely non-compliant dishes.  Dessert was the hardest for me to pass up- Homemade Tiramisu!  Somehow, even though I had to help dish and pass out the dessert, I did not give in!  Taking this as my first "Win!" lol

Archived