Sugar Headaches?

I completed my first Whole30 in January and have basically kept to whole30 guidelines since-I have added rice and occasional popcorn as well as agave and vanilla. Other than those things I eat Whole30 all the time. Every once and a while I have sugar in a dessert and I'm wondering if I could get a headache from just a small amount of sugar. I have had headaches on and off for a while now with no known diet change. For example, this morning I walked through the kitchen at work and they were making some reeses pie. There was a bowl of mini smashed reeses peanut butter cups and I took half of one from the bowl. Literally half of a mini reeses. About an hour later a headache started and I've had it for about 5 hours now. It seems crazy to think that small amount could cause a headache, and I think there are days that I have had headaches when I haven't had sugar-but I'll admit I'm not very good at tracking it so far. Anyone have any ideas of what could be the cause of these? I do snack on healthy foods-fruits, veggies, meats, and nuts throughout the day so I don't think I need to be eating more. I am a coffee drinker but I haven't changed my intake at all and I drink a lot of water. Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

I very much doubt that half of a mini reese is going to cause a 5 hour headache. Maybe, but seems unlikely.

I would probably go to a doctor if I were you and these headaches persist. No one here can diagnose you, unfortunately.

Archived