W30 Fast & Easy meal sizes

Sparkle42

Hi this is my first w30 and I’m doing it solo. I’ve been using the whole30 fast and easy cookbook to meal prep. So I’ll make 2-3 recipes from the book and eat them throughout the week. 

I keep getting really hungry though and sadly today fell into a bag of mixed nuts. 

Does anyone else else find the servings really small?? Should I try eating more than 1 serving ? This week I’ve been eating the Mongolian beef, butternut squash and shrimp soup and the mustard roasted pork and carrots. 

Any help gor this hungry first first timer trying hard not to snack. 

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Sparkle42 said:

Hi this is my first w30 and I’m doing it solo. I’ve been using the whole30 fast and easy cookbook to meal prep. So I’ll make 2-3 recipes from the book and eat them throughout the week. 

I keep getting really hungry though and sadly today fell into a bag of mixed nuts. 

Does anyone else else find the servings really small?? Should I try eating more than 1 serving ? This week I’ve been eating the Mongolian beef, butternut squash and shrimp soup and the mustard roasted pork and carrots. 

Any help gor this hungry first first timer trying hard not to snack. 

I'm not even sure why they put how many servings per recipe since each person should always follow the template... Just eat as much protein as 1-2 palms, as much veggies as 'plate ful' and then add plated fat... don't worry about what the recipe splits servings into, just make your meals get you 4-5 hours.

Thanks! The template works for me on breakfast or when just making some veggies and protein but with more complex meals like soup with blended veggies and coconut milk etc, it’s a little more confusing to gauge servings. I was too bored with just grilled chicken, avocado and vegetables so went with trying some recipes. But may have to go back to basic stuff I guess

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Sparkle42 said:

Thanks! The template works for me on breakfast or when just making some veggies and protein but with more complex meals like soup with blended veggies and coconut milk etc, it’s a little more confusing to gauge servings. I was too bored with just grilled chicken, avocado and vegetables so went with trying some recipes. But may have to go back to basic stuff I guess

So when you make a pot of soup, think about how much meat you put into it, and how much meat you'd eat for a serving if you'd cooked everything separately. So if you buy a one pound package of chicken to grill and get three meals out of it, and then you make a soup with a pound of chicken in it, you'd expect to get about three servings. (I don't know if those are accurate serving sizes for you, it's just an example.) If you're taking your lunch with you to work, you can also pack a little extra food, so if you miscalculated the lunch serving, you've got something you can have if you get hungry -- keep some cans or pouches of tuna or salmon in your desk, maybe a bottle of olive oil or pouches of olives. That way if you do get hungry, or forget your lunch one day, or whatever, you've got something you can eat, and that you're unlikely to stress eat or overeat. 

Archived