Whole30 First Timer

Couchpotayto

Hello Everyone!

I am so happy this forum exists so I can run to any of you, read stories and share my experiences. (I hope I am using this correctly) I will be starting my journey this week, I am finishing The Whole30 30 day guide and educating myself as much as possible before I begin. I am very excited....but also TERRIFIED! Is this normal? I just want to succeed. I have struggled A LOT my entire life with my weight. I am a 25 year old woman, and I am at my heaviest starting weight (278.3 and I am 5'9"). My relationship with food is not "unhealthy", I just do not know how to eat. I will usually skip breakfast, have a small lunch and binge when I get home, which is not ok by any means. I also have not exercised in months. I wish I could just tell myself to get up and do things but I struggle greatly. Has anyone else been in my shoes? I am reaching out to you, any of you for support. I am excited to do this, but what else can I use as a push other than what I WANT?

I think it's normal to be nervous/scared, because you are trying something new and with anything new there is the chance that you could fail, or learn something about yourself you don't like.  I've made several attempts at a Whole30, and am back today to find an accountabilibuddy... I think it is very difficult to maintain without that. So in my attempts, I've made it 14, 19, and 5 days (just last week, had a really bad Friday and sabatoged my whole progress). I didn't think I had an emotional relationship with food, and theoretically I know how to eat, but I'm learning that I definitely do, and that's scary, but means that I need correction!

Find a buddy (or 5), make a PLAN, prepare, and stay determined.  :) you can do it

Archived