Severe Cramps/Trapped Gas?

Need some help troubleshooting. Yesterday I had egg frittata (mushroom, pepper, scallion, spinach), half avocado and banana. Felt fine. Very early morning  appointment and didn’t want to eat lunch out so had a light snack on pecans and raisins until we got home and I could make lunch. Bibb Lettuce, Cherry toms, half avocado, mayo/lemon/basil/garlic dressing, half an orange. I got super hungry as my partner was out and so I had some more nuts/raisins and a banana waiting for him so I could make us dinner. Dinner was the slow cooker pulled pork on a baked potato. 

Woke up about 2 a.m. with the most excruciating trapped gas pains. No relief. Had to use a heating pad. Had a horrible nights sleep. Still have lingering pain and trapped gas today. Today I have a very mild case of diarrhea. A the dreaded headache has started. Decided to cancel my plans and stay home.

I’m not sure if I should suspect any one food or simply the sudden change in my diet? I’m on Day 4 and my previous diet was heavy on gluten. If that matters? Should I be adding/subtracting something?

• Moderators

That's a lot of fruit and nuts for one day... you also had raw veggies in your lunch which can cause bloating and gas.  Hard to say if it's any one thing but the whole day feels like a stomach ache to me... top that with some detox symptoms and the sudden change and I'd say it's not that far fetched that you felt that way.

If you need to snack between meals, make it protein and fat, not fruit and nuts.  Also don't let that fruit push veggies off your plate... try making that banana into veggies tomorrow and see how that goes.

Thanks. I stayed away from nuts and raisins today after reading somewhere too much can be an issue. I will start adding in more protein and fats. I think I got a little carried away on raw veggies, fruits (and nuts) because I was so excited to start eating healthy and it’s that time of year when beautiful, fresh goodness is becoming abundant! The nuts just ‘cause I love them, lol. Hopefully tonight will be better since I was just going about the day uncertain of what to change. Crosses fingers. Bleh detox part of this! Onward Day 5!

Archived