Down 50 pounds!!

momma2girlies

I know that Whole 30 isn't about losing weight, but I hit the 50 pounds of weight loss this morning!!!! About 20 of that has been with 2 rounds of Whole 30.  I feel like I have my life back after struggling my whole life with weight.  I was having a lot of trouble with my eating habits after my second baby about a year ago.  But now I am pre-wedding weight (6years ago) and still going strong! I'm just really excited and so thankful for Whole 30. I have been able to learn healthy food choices and re-train my brain on the foods that I should eat.  And that its ok to spend a little more money on food that is better for me because it will be better for my family in the long run.  I have about 15 more pounds until I meet my goal but I know that is possible with my new lifestyle.  

• 3 weeks later...

That is simply awesome!

I'm nearing 40 pounds of weight loss in four months, with a goal to lose another 25. Beyond that, the benefits to have health have been obvious and the NSVs such as becoming a better cook, discovering more foods that I love and looking forward to going to the gym have added made my life more interesting.

Keep up the great work!

Congrats to both of you! May I ask what you did once  your Whole30 ended to keep the weight loss going? Did you continue to follow Whole30 rules closely, or were you able to reintroduce some foods but continue to lose?

I'm in the midst of my first Whole30 now. Hoping to reset my metabolism and establish good habits so that I can keep losing weight after the 30 days, but I'm also going to want to eat non-compliant foods (and drink wine!) sometimes. Curious what's worked for you in terms of finding a good post-Whole30 plan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on achieving a "half-C"... and yes, it is more than just the number.

In just over 3 months I have shed some 40 pounds and my doctor says that with correct attitude, exercise and eating right that another 20 is possible.  I have it to lose but I am not going to make it my goal.

A friend complimented me on my success and suggested that I go out into the woods and find a large rock that weighs the same amount that I dropped and that I should put it on my kitchen counter as a positive perspective-reminder of my success.  I just might do that

• 4 weeks later...

Doubledee:

First, sorry for the delayed response. June was a surprisingly busy month and I’m just now getting back to checking in.

After my W30 month ended, I was feeling so good - and losing weight so steadily - that I didn’t want it to stop, so I essentially stayed with it about 90-95 percent of the time for the next three months or so. I reintroduced some just to see what, if anything, was a problem but I really tried to avoid sugar and grains.

The last couple of months I have eased off a little more, but I’m still staying close to compliant more days than not - especially when it’s easy to do so. Being mindful of what I’m eating all the time has been the biggest change for me. I’m not denying myself the occasional treat, but I’m just making sure what I eat or drink - and the reason for it - is worthwhile. No more giving in just because I’ve had a tough day or because it’s convenient to grab something less than healthy or simply because “I deserve it.”

A few specific things that seem to help me:

= I keep a short food and activity diary (no more than one journal-sized page a day) and I’ve done it every day for 158 days. I record everything I eat, my exercise, how I’m feeling physically and mentally and use it to chart progress toward goals. Helps keep me focused, gives me a space to brag to myself - and to kick myself in the butt when needed. 

= Speaking of exercise; I’m gettting a lot of it. An average of four days a week in the gym and more overall activity most days than pre-W30.  I’m sure it’s been a huge factor in the weight loss, but more than that my functional fitness (energy for doing every day tasks) has improved greatly as has my overall health. I now need to go to the gym more days than not, or I feel like I’ve missed a chance to get better. I’m also starting to branch out. I’ve gotten my bike tuned up and am ready to take it back out on the road for the first time in five years; I’m scheduled to take my first yoga class this week and have spent some time working on my crummmy golf game.

= Finally, I prepare to be hungry much better than I ever have in the past. My office is stocked with tea, fruit and nuts and  I always keep a healthy snack in my briefcase. If I’m going to be in the car for a couple of hours I try to remember to bring something healthy along for the ride to  ward off the temptation of the Golden Arches or one of its roadside cousins.

The weight loss has slowed a bit in the last month, largely due to a travel-heavy work schedule but some weeks treading water is a victory. I waas thrilled to return from a week in London last month having gained only 1 pound. 

I’m five months into this journey and have lost about 45 pounds. I honestly think I have another 20 in me, but they are going to be the hardest, I’m sure. Still, I have a plan that I think is reasonable and I’m enjoying so many benefits beyond the scale that I’m not sweating the small stuff at this point. I know that even if I don’t lose for  a week or two, I have tools that I can rely on to get me back on track. I’m not sure I’m up for another month of total W30 at this point but the good news is I don’t neeed to be to get where I want to go.

Hope reading this helps you as much as writing it has helped me. Good luck!

With appreciation,

ML

• 5 weeks later...

Congratulations! That is such inspiring success. I am down 30 pounds since January 1 - I did a whole January and after going way off the rails during my summer vacation, I've decided to do another whole30 for August and re-commit myself to my health. Thanks for sharing your success and your ways for staying on track when you're off the whole 30, that is really helpful! 

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck! I started round two at the beginning of the month and this time my wife joined me. 

I was surprised to see that the weight loss picked right back up and it’s been fun to have a partner in W30 this time around. We’re shopping together, cooking together and eating more fruit than we thought possible. I’ve crossed the 50 pounds lost mark from my heaviest recorded weight and have taken up yoga, of all things, in the past two weeks. 

Hard to put into words how much better I feel.

Hope round two goes well for you - keep crushing it!

- ML

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2018 at 11:57 PM, Newsland33 said:

Doubledee:

First, sorry for the delayed response. June was a surprisingly busy month and I’m just now getting back to checking in.

After my W30 month ended, I was feeling so good - and losing weight so steadily - that I didn’t want it to stop, so I essentially stayed with it about 90-95 percent of the time for the next three months or so. I reintroduced some just to see what, if anything, was a problem but I really tried to avoid sugar and grains.

The last couple of months I have eased off a little more, but I’m still staying close to compliant more days than not - especially when it’s easy to do so. Being mindful of what I’m eating all the time has been the biggest change for me. I’m not denying myself the occasional treat, but I’m just making sure what I eat or drink - and the reason for it - is worthwhile. No more giving in just because I’ve had a tough day or because it’s convenient to grab something less than healthy or simply because “I deserve it.”

A few specific things that seem to help me:

= I keep a short food and activity diary (no more than one journal-sized page a day) and I’ve done it every day for 158 days. I record everything I eat, my exercise, how I’m feeling physically and mentally and use it to chart progress toward goals. Helps keep me focused, gives me a space to brag to myself - and to kick myself in the butt when needed. 

= Speaking of exercise; I’m gettting a lot of it. An average of four days a week in the gym and more overall activity most days than pre-W30.  I’m sure it’s been a huge factor in the weight loss, but more than that my functional fitness (energy for doing every day tasks) has improved greatly as has my overall health. I now need to go to the gym more days than not, or I feel like I’ve missed a chance to get better. I’m also starting to branch out. I’ve gotten my bike tuned up and am ready to take it back out on the road for the first time in five years; I’m scheduled to take my first yoga class this week and have spent some time working on my crummmy golf game.

= Finally, I prepare to be hungry much better than I ever have in the past. My office is stocked with tea, fruit and nuts and  I always keep a healthy snack in my briefcase. If I’m going to be in the car for a couple of hours I try to remember to bring something healthy along for the ride to  ward off the temptation of the Golden Arches or one of its roadside cousins.

The weight loss has slowed a bit in the last month, largely due to a travel-heavy work schedule but some weeks treading water is a victory. I waas thrilled to return from a week in London last month having gained only 1 pound. 

I’m five months into this journey and have lost about 45 pounds. I honestly think I have another 20 in me, but they are going to be the hardest, I’m sure. Still, I have a plan that I think is reasonable and I’m enjoying so many benefits beyond the scale that I’m not sweating the small stuff at this point. I know that even if I don’t lose for  a week or two, I have tools that I can rely on to get me back on track. I’m not sure I’m up for another month of total W30 at this point but the good news is I don’t neeed to be to get where I want to go.

Hope reading this helps you as much as writing it has helped me. Good luck!

With appreciation,

ML

ML, do you mind my asking if you are male or female?  

Archived