I feel good on Day 4?

I am worried that I didn't have the "hangover" per se.  I had a little bit of a headache yesterday and definitely wanted to kill in the morning... but today? I woke up feeling energetic and good. Day 1 and 2 I was hungry between meals and had some almonds. Yesterday, no snacking at all. I've been having eggs with lots of veggies for breakfast. I've had fish or chicken as my protein for both lunch and dinner along with a good portion of vegetables (carrots, eggplant, green beans) and with lunch a small gala apple. I'm definitely tracking my food to make sure I'm staying within the right parameters. My diet did not have any fast or frozen food before. I did have oatmeal for breakfast many mornings and used real sugar in it and would have about 3 diet cokes per week. I make my own marinara sauce every week and did have pasta a few meals per week prior. Am I really feeling good this early? 

• Moderators

Not everyone experiences the negative stuff, it doesn't mean you're doing it wrong. The better you ate before, typically the fewer negatives you experience the first few days.

Do be sure you're adding fat to each meal -- pick one or two of the options on the meal template, usually in addition to what you cook in since oftenmuch of that stays in the pan and doesn't get eaten.

( Totally unrelated, but when you say you're tracking your food, do you just mean keeping a log of what you're eating, or actually tracking calories and stuff? Because we'd really encourage you not to pay attention to calories or anything like that during Whole30. Here's why:  https://whole30.com/2016/01/tracking/)

Thanks! Just a log of what I'm eating, along with a journal of how I feel kind of thing. I do have avocado with breakfast but I will definitely look at fats for the other two meals. Really appreciate the response and feedback 

• Moderators

@shandrananette Your running will probably feel a little off for at least a week, maybe up to two, as your body becomes more fat adapted, just hang in there, it will get better. Be sure you're doing the recommended pre- and post-workout meals as outlined on the meal template -- so for pre-wo, some protein and fat, just a few bites, and for post-wo, lean protein and optionally some starchy vegetables, very shortly after your workout, just a few bites again. Both of those would be in addition to your three regular meals.

Archived