Day 31! Now What?

Here I am at day 31. The Whole 30 went by pretty fast. I didn't experience any of the bad symptoms that were predicted in the book. Took a couple of weeks to get the lower end digestion working. Still not as regular as I was. I had good results with weight loss, about 10 lbs. Blood pressure went down 10 mmHG, both Systolic and Diastolic. Skin issues did not improve. The small patches of psoriasis on my fingers and toe did not change. I still have itchy eyes and ears. I must be allergic to something. Just can't figure out what it is. The Whole 30 project tells me I am probably not allergic to food. I have significant stiffness in my fingers, especially in the morning. I didn't have the stiffness before starting Whole 30. Is there something about the whole 30 that may have triggered arthritis? BPH symptoms did not improve. I had to resume prostate supplements after three days.

The hardest part of my Whole 30 experience is the time I must spend in planning, shopping for, and preparing three meals a day. Even so, I plan to continue Whole 30 eating. I'd like to loose another 10-15 lbs and the lowering of my blood pressure really impressed me. I will probably introduce a few food items that I thought I was missing. This morning I had a Nespresso lungo with a short shot of Natural Bliss. It was good but not quite as delightful as I remembered. My second cup of black coffee is fine. I also really missed pasta and Asian rice cake dishes. I may head out to Miyo's Kitchen and order Korean Rice Cake just to see what happens and see if it's as good as I remember. I also plan to resume my night time fruit smoothie spiked with some high fiber and high protein superfoods, as well as Metamucil, and Citrucel.

• Moderators

It's possible for the stiffness that it's not arthritis but something that you've been eating... for instance, I cannot eat white potato because it makes me so stiff I can hardly move and I don't have arthritis.  Are you eating a bunch of something that you didn't normally eat pre-whole30?

I will caution you on the nighttime fruit smoothie... you may notice that a dose of sugar like that before bed is going to give you problems sleeping... it might be fine but just pay attention to that.

Archived