Day 17 and 1st day with severe pain returning

Meri0323

So I am on day 17 of my first whole 30. I have felt absolutely great! Staying compliant has not really been a challenge, as I was typically a clean eater but have had severe digestive issues that I have seen many doctors for and they couldn’t seem to figure out. After reading about the whole 30 I figured, what do I have to lose? For the first several weeks I have felt amazing. I am traveling for work and have had to eat out this week on the plan. I have been very careful about what I’ve selected when attending corporate dinners l, have asked the restaurant about ingredients, and the manager even brought me out  my dinner and treated me as if I was an allergen customer. Tonight I am lying in bed with the worst stomach pains again. I do not think I ate anything that was off the whole 30 regimen but yet I’m experiencing stomach pain. Tonight I ate grilled salmon with just Olive oil and side of broccoli and summer squash w olive oil.  Absolutely no butter and just salt and pepper to season.  Has anyone else had this happen? I also packed all whole 30 approved snacks to stay compliant and have a back up plan if I’m in a situation where there is nothing safe to eat.

• Moderators

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well.  Whole30 isn't a cure so while sometimes symptoms of illness or distress are reduced on the program, depending on what causes the problem, it can recur.  What else have you eaten in the past few days?  Have you ever had stomach pains from eating broccoli or cauliflower or other crucifers?  Have you been drinking a lot of sparkling water? Eating a lot of raw veg?

Hi and thanks for your response! I actually do eat salmon at least a few times a week.  I cannot eat spaghetti squash as it severely upsets my stomach and am wondering if it could have been just the few summer squash that caused the upset.  I feel much better today!!

6 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well.  Whole30 isn't a cure so while sometimes symptoms of illness or distress are reduced on the program, depending on what causes the problem, it can recur.  What else have you eaten in the past few days?  Have you ever had stomach pains from eating broccoli or cauliflower or other crucifers?  Have you been drinking a lot of sparkling water? Eating a lot of raw veg?

Hi! Thank you for your message. I am at a sales meeting this week and have not been eating my normal food. I am doing more “snacks” to supplement my meals such as Epic bars for protein, nuts, olives, Lara bars etc to reach my daily macros (which I do still watch just to keep myself honest:)) . I am very much looking forward to getting home to my food prep and planning!

Archived