Zinc Tablets

Liz Christman

Going strong on day #2 here; however, I think my body is trying to get a cold. I have a really dry feeling throat, an achy neck, low energy...you know the feeling.

Generally I would just pop a zinc tablet from Walgreens every few hours and suck down water like it was going out of style BUT there is sucralose in them.

What do you all take when you're in my place?

Thanks in advance for all your feedback!

Thanks, Lisa! Gonna go order some right now.

And I thought about it being a detox symptom, but I'm pretty sure that's not what's going on. Could that really be coming on so soon? It is certainly possible, but for about two years now I've been very conscious of my sugar intake due to some migraine and fibromyalgia issues my mom was going through. She discovered sugars were a huge trigger for both of those and, since I share those genes and all, I also started severely limiting my sugar intake. As for carbs, well, I've certainly been less vigilant about those in my life.

Actually the two biggest things I miss in this Whole 30 lifestyle are red wine and goat cheese. But I'm two days, six meals, and zero snacks strong!!!

I thought day 2 had to be too early for those symptoms, too, but it turns out it wasn't. I'd been keeping pretty low sugar for months, but the carb withdrawal must come on pretty quick when you go cold turkey. It cleared up after two or three days.

Archived