Nauseous on day 6

NewLori

I am new to Whole 30 and have been eating clean for 6 days (today is 6) but I was extremely nauseous yesterday almost like having the flu. I noticed that every time I eat, shortly after I feel a little nauseous. Is this normal? What can I do to stay on the clean eating diet, but not upset my stomach any more? I am afraid to eat anything!!

Thanks

Lori

• Moderators

It isn't normal to be nauseous after every meal. Is this a big change from how you were eating before? Is there maybe something you're eating now that doesn't agree with you? 

In general, what we normally tell people who are having digestive issues is to focus on fairly bland foods for a little while and see if it helps -- so maybe baked or grilled chicken, keep the seasonings pretty simple with just salt and pepper. Try baked potato or sweet potato with a little ghee, olive oil, or coconut oil, and a bit of salt. If this helps, then slowly try some other foods. Do eat something, though. Not eating isn't going to make you feel better. 

Peppermint or ginger tea can help with nausea, so maybe have one or the other of those with or after a meal -- they can be hot or iced, whichever you prefer. 

Archived