Sept2018 W30 Reintroduction - Canadian Thanksgiving

kayten

Hi all! I wanted to start a thread about Canadians competing their Whole30 on October 2nd, because the reintroduction period will overlap with our Thanksgiving!

I'm completing my 4th Whole30 on October 2; however, this will only be my second proper reintroduction. My first Whole30, I did a by-the-books reintroduction, but by my second and third rounds, I told myself I would do slow roll, which turned into "eat pizza a week after your W30, feel crappy, not know what it was particularly, and just go back to Whole30 eating"... lol, exactly what you're not supposed to do, I know. 

I am DETERMINED to do a proper reintroduction period this round! I think I might just do dairy on October 3 (butter, yogurt/kefir, milk... no cheese yet though) and then just wait a 3-4 days until my mom's turkey dinner, and test gluten then, since there will definitely be wheat all over that turkey with the stuffing situation. If I'm remembering back to my first reintroduction, as well as the times I happened to test those dairy products properly during the slow roll attempts, those shouldn't cause me too many issues. My strategy to test those first is that they will probably also be in the turkey dinner, so if I test those first, then at the dinner with gluten cross-contamination, I'd have a better idea at least of what was making me feel crummy (because I fully anticipate the gluten to not go well, but who knows... maybe I'll be surprised!)

After turkey dinner, I think I will give it a good 5 days of regular W30 eating, and then start with the prescribed 14 day reintroduction on October 13th.

What are the other Canadians out there strategizing for the upcoming holiday on reintroduction? Are you just planning on Whole30'ing during family dinner? Extending the Whole30 and not reintroducing until after the holiday? Eating Whole30 up to your turkey dinners, then running wild for one meal, and hopping right back on the W30 afterwards? I'd love to hear what others are thinking!

Archived