Help w/Limited Reintroduction Time

Bob Beaury

This is day 28 for me on the Whole 30 Plan.  I leave for a trip with friends on Oct 11th and I know I will not be able to maintain a disciplined reintroduction schedule while on that trip.  That leaves me just 4 days to do some form of reintroduction if I do the full 30 days.  What advice can you give me that is the best use of those 4 days?

• Administrators

Hi @Bob Beaury - sorry about that timing, it's unfortunate to have to rush the reintro as it's really the most valuable portion of Whole30.

I would suggest that you reintroduce those things that you feel you will most likely encounter on your trip. If you plan to stay mostly Whole30 on the trip but think you might probably eat dairy, test that. I would say don't test the things that you already knew bothered you before Whole30, I would just assume those still stand.

Are you planning to do another Whole30 in order to do a proper reintroduction? The information you get from reintro is so powerful to inform your decisions going forward.

Thanks for the advice and it makes sense.  I have had great results and feel that I have learned enough through this first experience to modify my diet in a way that will be really helpful.  If that isn't the case then I will do another Whole 30 very quickly.  Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for this exchange--i'm also traveling 4 days after whole30 completion and was also thinking of focusing just alcohol and dairy before the trip, then gluten the day we have a special italian meal planned. seems easy enough to avoid grains and legumes at restaurants while still feeling the indulgence of vacation....

Archived