Re-Introducing Wine

McKaylaCole

Hello, I will be starting my reintroduction on Wed. I was going to make a nice dinner and have a glass of wine with it. However, is the Stella Rose Black wine one that I should reintroduce first? It says that it has the added sugars, but it doesn't state whether or not it is gluten free.

Can someone please provide me with some guidance? This is really the only wine I drink but, I didn't want to not follow the reintroduction steps by having it first.

I appreciate all your help.

Thanks!

• Moderators

If this is the wine you drink, I'd go ahead and have it -- there's no reason to drink something you don't really like just to do reintroductions.  These are the ingredients I see online:  Wine, Grape Must, Sugar, Color Added (Grape Skin Extract), Natural Flavors, Sulphur Dioxide (Antioxidant). No Added Juice.  I googled Is Stella Rosa wine gluten free, and there's a statement from the company saying all their wines are gluten free. The Sulphur Dioxide is a sulfite (most wines have them), so you'll be reintroducing them and alcohol and added sugar, and these ingredients are hard to find on their own without any other non-Whole30 things, so to me, if this is what sounds good to you, I'd go ahead and do it. If you do have a reaction like a headache, you might do an extra day of reintroducing sulfites in some other form -- dried fruit maybe -- to see if that's what you were reacting to, or if it's just the alcohol. 

On 10/8/2018 at 4:08 PM, ShannonM816 said:

If this is the wine you drink, I'd go ahead and have it -- there's no reason to drink something you don't really like just to do reintroductions.  These are the ingredients I see online:  Wine, Grape Must, Sugar, Color Added (Grape Skin Extract), Natural Flavors, Sulphur Dioxide (Antioxidant). No Added Juice.  I googled Is Stella Rosa wine gluten free, and there's a statement from the company saying all their wines are gluten free. The Sulphur Dioxide is a sulfite (most wines have them), so you'll be reintroducing them and alcohol and added sugar, and these ingredients are hard to find on their own without any other non-Whole30 things, so to me, if this is what sounds good to you, I'd go ahead and do it. If you do have a reaction like a headache, you might do an extra day of reintroducing sulfites in some other form -- dried fruit maybe -- to see if that's what you were reacting to, or if it's just the alcohol. 

I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to reply and do some more research on this. I greatly appreciate it! I will go ahead and give it a shot to see! Thank you again!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived