Day 15 - exhaustion, low libido, brain fog

My boyfriend and I are on day 15 of our first Whole30 and we are not feeling great at all. We are both soy and gluten free (allergies) so the food changes were not much of a change for us other than cutting out legumes and corn. My boyfriend does not need to lose weight but has already lost 10 pounds and is freaking out about that. Both of us are have very low energy, low libido, and brain fog. Just not sure what is going on. We read the book, we haven't eaten out once, we double check every ingredient. Feeling discouraged / wondering if this is the right program for us...

• Administrators

Hi @sarahbeth214 - sorry you guys aren't feeling well! It's hard to give any sort of directed feedback without knowing specifically what and how much you've been eating. You could give us a rundown and we can take a look. Also include your fitness pursuits, significant stress, underlying medical conditions if applicable.

For the most part it sounds like you either are not eating enough in general and/or you have inadvertently gone too low-carb with your meals. Make sure you are getting enough food that you are easily able to make it 4-5 hours between meals without having to snack. We recommend that folks start with at least a fist sized serving of starchy veggie per day. More if you are very active, not desiring to drop weight, prone to anxiety or depression etc. 

Give us some more info and we can see if anything stands out.

Archived