Pure Blends Butter

pixiechic7486

Hi, 

So tomorrow I am starting the Whole 30 program, and I bought all my groceries today. So, as I'm laying in bed thinking over what I got, I realized I might have screwed up and I don't know if I have more grocery money to fix it (broke college student and all that). I got a butter substitute called Pure Blends, I got one derived from Avocados and the other derived from Coconut. And I THINK it's compliant, but I'm not sure. I attached the nutritional label for reference. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 11.46.29 PM.png

• Moderators

No, this won't work, it has soybean oil and soy lecithin in it. If you haven't opened it yet, you might contact the store and explain you bought the wrong thing and see if they'll let you exchange it. 

Ghee is not always available at regular grocery stores, though health food stores or places like Sprouts or Whole Foods usually have it. That's really the only butter substitute that you'd want to get for Whole30. If you can't find it, you could make it yourself (here's one guide to how to do that:  https://nomnompaleo.com/post/15235810877/diy-ghee) , or you could just use coconut oil or olive oil instead. 

Archived