Chicken broth...

Kmac1227

I’m getting bored. Most recipes call for coconut aminos, chicken broth, or cilantro...I live in Greece. Coconut aminos don’t exist neither does cilantro. We also don’t have chicken broth only boullion cubes and I’m not going to make my own broth. Does anyone know if know bio (organic) is compliant? I’m on day 19 and think I need to go longer (as I don’t feel any major improvements). I am sick of the same couple of foods as I don’t want to make a fuss I already cook enough. Thanks

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Kmac1227 said:

Does anyone know if know bio (organic) is compliant

I'm not sure what this is, but to determine if a food product is compliant, you need to know what the ingredients are. If you look at the ingredients and aren't sure about some of them, ask about those ingredients and we can help you determine if they're ok or not.

As far as not having all the products mentioned, many of those are fairly new even in the US and not available in many other countries, and many people have done whole30 without them. Use the meat and vegetables and fat sources you do have. Use fresh or dried herbs and spices that don't have stuff added to them. 

If you want to try some of the recipes you've seen, sub parsley for the cilantro -- it's a little different flavor, but a lot of people don't care for cilantro and do this even if they can buy it. You can skip the coconut aminos in most recipes if it's just a small amount, though you may want to add some extra salt or other seasonings for flavor. For recipes that call for broth, if you really don't want to make it yourself, you can use water, though you'll probably need to add extra seasoning. 

On 10/23/2018 at 9:46 AM, ShannonM816 said:

I'm not sure what this is, but to determine if a food product is compliant, you need to know what the ingredients are. If you look at the ingredients and aren't sure about some of them, ask about those ingredients and we can help you determine if they're ok or not.

As far as not having all the products mentioned, many of those are fairly new even in the US and not available in many other countries, and many people have done whole30 without them. Use the meat and vegetables and fat sources you do have. Use fresh or dried herbs and spices that don't have stuff added to them. 

If you want to try some of the recipes you've seen, sub parsley for the cilantro -- it's a little different flavor, but a lot of people don't care for cilantro and do this even if they can buy it. You can skip the coconut aminos in most recipes if it's just a small amount, though you may want to add some extra salt or other seasonings for flavor. For recipes that call for broth, if you really don't want to make it yourself, you can use water, though you'll probably need to add extra seasoning. 

Thanks, My kids have been super sick for over a week and I just proof read what I wrote...its KNORR bio boullion :)  It's amazing that everything in a box has soy/sugar/etc in it.  Plus many times I have to translate from Greek and that's not always easy.  

I've just been emptying the fridge of all veggies and cooking basically the same thing.  Im on day 26 so not much longer but I am thinking of continuing simply because Im not seeing a whole lot of improvement.  My emotions are still of the charts and  I don't feel any lighter. I think I have some fog lift but I am soooo foggy its hard to tell.  Thanks for the suggestions, If i keep going I"ll try to spice things up...:)

Archived