Reintro Help

Jess0205

I need help navigating my reintroduction. I’ve been sort of scared to reintroduce. I completed Sept W30 and continued and am now on day 51. I was hoping to make it to Nov 1 but caved tonight and had sushi to reintro rice. Raw fish w rice. Everything else compliant. Now I’m kind of regretting the choice because it totally wasn’t worth it or satisfying. But we also are supposed to have wedding cake tasting Sat. I don’t want to throw everything out the window as I know the cake will account for sugar, dairy, and grains. Will I ruin my reintro w the cake? Should I go back to W30 and hold off a little longer on reintro? Not taste the cake at the tasting? Taste the cake and go back to W30? I feel like a teenage girl asking her diary for answers lol. But advice from some seasoned W30ers would be much appreciated. I’ve had some NSVs but never reached Tiger Blood status and my skin still looks like crap. Help, friends. 

• Administrators

Aw, @Jess0205 - you didn't "cave", you just made a decision that you now know was perhaps not the right one. However, you reintroduced a non-gluten grain. Go through the process of seeing how you feel afterwards and you should then know if rice is going to be included in your personal eating plan going forward.

For the wedding cake..........this might not be the popular response - but cake is cake. Take your hubby-to-be with you or a friend or family member and let them taste it. Although it is your wedding cake, it's not YOUR wedding cake - yet. Hold on, do some proper reintroductions so that on your wedding day you have the info you need to know if gluten is going to mess you up, if you can have butter in the icing etc. You don't want to get to your wedding, not know, eat the cake and end up bloated or sitting in the bathroom with a stomach ache. (I would also suggest that the majority of people that have gotten married don't have "cake flavour" as the top memory of their wedding).

If I were you I would move into a reintroduction schedule now. Rice is done, go back on Whole30 for a couple days and then move on to another food group to reintroduce. Don't be scared though, you aren't doing anything scary. Food is neither good nor bad, right nor wrong. It's only about how it affects YOU as an individual. Do the tests, get the results and then decide how you want to eat going forward. Maybe it is mostly Whole30, but staying stuck in a fear-state takes the power away from you.

Archived