Body and mind not handling the change

Day 12 along with the bouts of depression now my blood sugar levels have dropped dangerously low it was mid 100's like around 160 average, today 49. My on line Livingo diabetes coach through where I work said I need to ingest some carbs or juice. The juice worked but when I think carbs all I can come up with is bread. PLEASE I need some other carb options that are compliant with this program. Thanks fellow team players. :huh:

• Moderators

Sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, beets, turnips, rutabagas, plantains, pumpkin, or any of the winter squashes like butternut or acorn squash are high carb or starchy vegetables.  If you're not already, try having at least a fist sized serving of some kind of starchy vegetable each day, and it is okay if you find you need more than that. Still have other vegetables as well.

Fruit will also have carbs in it, different fruits will have different amounts, but you should still try to limit them to a couple of servings a day and focus on vegetables more. 

Starchy vegetables should help some with depression as well. 

Thank you ShannonM816, You may be on to something I am tending to eat more fruits than vegetables. On your list I seem to only eat the potatoes and sweet potatoes and carrots. What are plantains again? I eat all colors of bell peppers, celery, broccoli, avocados, lettuce's, cabbage, beets, onions and garlic and so far that's about it. Hey,, at least it's not the regular fast food diet any more..Yeah!  

Archived