Day 25 and Still NoTiger Blood

Guest Sarah

I have been following the plan closely and felt amazing early on but in the past week have felt lethargic and unmotivated. I can’t even do the dishes, I’ve been going straight to bed after dinner. 

What am I doing wrong? I feel like a failure. Thank you in advance! 

I'm also on day 25 and have similar feelings. Not doing the laundry,dishes or even paying the bills. Just working this Whole30. And to tell you the truth to do this takes every thing I got. I'm totally exhausted every single night after work. I think it's because I had such a sweet tooth that I'm still adjusting to NO SUGAR. This is really a test of self control than any thing else.But you and I almost through this. Just 5 more days. My re-introduction I imagine will also be a drawn out process,,, so the first thing I'm reintroducing is the Wine. Good Luck to you. I did this because of a chronic intestinal issue which I'm happy to say is gone. I hope you're finding all this worth it.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Guest Sarah said:

I have been following the plan closely and felt amazing early on but in the past week have felt lethargic and unmotivated. I can’t even do the dishes, I’ve been going straight to bed after dinner. 

What am I doing wrong? I feel like a failure. Thank you in advance! 

Hi Sarah, you're are certainly not a failure! Something sounds like it's off though for you. Is there any chance you are getting sick? Are you on or near your period? Have you been exercising more than normal? Any abnormal stresses in your life? These can all result in a decrease of energy. Can you also give us a rundown of what you've been eating? How has that changed over the 25 days? Are you still closely following the meal template? Sometimes in the beginning folks follow closely and then things like added fat or enough protein just sort of fall to the side. Let's see if we can help!

Hi!  Its "Guest Sarah" - I had to have an account to follow up.  I wanted to say thank you to @goingthissolo and @ladyshanny for the replies.  At the time of my post, I was on my period (TMI!) and I think I was not eating enough as well.  I had gestational diabetes with both of my children and ran into this too - I learn how to make just a few things and then I get bored of them after a while and stop eating as much because it feels like too much effort.  I get tired of doing all those dishes and all that grocery shopping and just eat raw almonds, apples, bananas and eggs all the time... boring and not fulfilling. 

Fast forward a few days and I've finished my Whole30, I feel great; I was able to go out to dinner with friends last night and I felt completely in control.  I still have trouble waking up in the morning and need a ton of coffee to feel energized, but I think that my "tiger blood" can be achieved by extending my 30 a bit more.  Plus I am so pleased with the other results that even if my energy isn't super high, it was still well worth it!  My clothes fit again, my mood is good, I feel healthier, and more than that, I feel in control when I'm eating.  I was able to avoid a bunch of appetizers and wine at dinner last night that I would have never been able to do in the past.  So, to anyone in a down spot like I was - keep going!!!!!!!!!  It gets better.   Thanks!!!! 

Archived