Day 26 and stoked

I feel great for the first time in over a decade. No other fad diet worked. I've been trying to lose the weight I put on with comfort food after my wife passed away in '04'. So 14 years of a diet roller coaster. Then a new doctor that I decided to try said that my stomach condition sounded like an intolerance to something and she recommended the W30 plan. I went out that day and purchased the Whole30 Book, which I refer to as my "food bible". :wub: I'm telling every one about it. Now starts soon, the reintroduction phase. I don't know that I'm even going change that much from the whole30 plan, what I will do though is now take the time to try some of the recipes. It was so hard for me to do this at first that I just stuck to basics but now I feel as if a whole new world of food has opened up for me . 4 more days. I actually feel better for the way my self control was so easy to manage once I realized the benefits of living pain free. Thanks every one for all that you do. 

• Administrators

Hi @goingthissolo - congrats on coming this far! Considering that you started this because of a stomach condition likely related to a food intolerance, I would highly recommend that you do a structured reintroduction so that you can figure it out. That way you'll just know going forward and then can create a long term plan that works best for you. I know it's hard for people to "intentionally" make themselves feel potentially bad - but it really is worth the test.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I didn't do the reintroduction correctly and when the pain returned I had no idea which food caused it. My 30 days were up on 11-13 now 11days later the pain has come back with a vengeance. I'm starting the W30 again tomorrow. Do you all think I'll need to do the entire 30 days or just until the pain subsides? 

Archived