Starting whole 30 November 12

krispin

I am beginning November 12 my income is limited and I plan on making the whole 30 plan work. I am a single mom of 4 kids two are still home with me. I have a 13 and 14 year old I am exhausted all the time and I need more energy. This is my first year as a special ed teacher. I just have never felt so mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. I am currently extremely overweight and I have started to go walking my joints hurt so much with any type of physical activity. I need a change of life style I need to do this for myself I cannot keep living this way. I have many members in my family that are overweight they are not supportive of this I hope I can find support for this life change online.

Hey Krsipin! I'm starting tomorrow too :) Have you tried Whole30 before? It definitely brings many benefits, simply by eating so clean and "whole"some. All the best with the new journey! For this round, I also want to keep my food within budget. I often meal prep for at least 5 days (work days) as well as 2 meals on the weekend for backup. I'm hoping to stock up on veggies and indulge in a few creative, but cheap dishes - mash potatoes! and sweet potatoes! 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, krispin said:

I am beginning November 12 my income is limited and I plan on making the whole 30 plan work. I am a single mom of 4 kids two are still home with me. I have a 13 and 14 year old I am exhausted all the time and I need more energy. This is my first year as a special ed teacher. I just have never felt so mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. I am currently extremely overweight and I have started to go walking my joints hurt so much with any type of physical activity. I need a change of life style I need to do this for myself I cannot keep living this way. I have many members in my family that are overweight they are not supportive of this I hope I can find support for this life change online.

Hi @krispin - I can appreciate where you're coming from regarding the overweight factor. I was there 10 years ago and would lay in bed and dream of being able to run. I came to the realization that maybe I couldn't run "right now" but I could go walk. I was so embarrassed to be seen doing it that I would wait until it was dark outside and then go for walks. Eventually I got to the point where I could jog a few steps and then walk. And eventually after that I was able to actually consider myself a jogger/runner and I'd lost 80#. My point is, my body hurt, my shins hurt, my joints hurt, my emotional heart hurt immensely.....everything hurt. But it doesn't stay like that forever. The further you go, the longer you practice being active, the more your body gets used to it.

I'm here for you, I'll cheer and encourage and lament with you. Whole30 is an amazing program that is hard enough in itself. What you are doing by also including physical activity is the golden key to creating a more full-scale change for yourself. I'm here for you! You can do this, I KNOW you can!

HI @krispin and @Janeyne I'm starting too.  I have done the whole30 before a long time ago and have tried it other times but not finished the full 30 days.  I'm starting this time because like you Krispin I'm totally and completely mentally and physically exhausted.  My weight has been slowly creeping up and I'm the heaviest I've been in my life as well as having constant tummy upsets and bloating.   And I hear you about the exercise -   I joined a gym at the end of August and have not been.  Trying to get some energy back I have tried a "healthy diet" (weight watchers for the umpteenth time),  reduced my stress and been on a vitamin regimen but nothing has helped so far.      I remember the last time I did the whole 30 (years ago now) I felt calm but full of energy and the best I had in a long time.  I am hoping to get to that again.  So today is day one for me.  Let's do this!   

Good to hear! I'm with you on the upset stomach and bloating, especially when I eat too much. Today as day 1 has been good! I kept it simple and meal prepped for the week ahead. I'm planning on taking it relatively easy the next few days, mainly 30-45min walks in the evening and enjoying my tea! 

Archived