Starting today, 1/28- looking for help staying accountable :)

xcsthe19

After struggling with binge eating for more than a year, my body needs a reset. I hope that the structure of Whole30 can help me get back on track! I'm scared that I'll lose stamina and succumb to cravings/emotional eating, though. Can someone help me stay accountable? :)

I'm on Day 29 Today, Monday!!  But, on Wednesday, I'm doing Day 1--another 30!

I really recommend the Whole 30 Day by Day (book/journal).  It's been really helping me stay focused.

I just got another to start my second Whole 30.

This is not easy, but it isn't as hard as you'd think.  Within a few DAYS I had huge "non-scale" victories--better sleep, no nightly Pepsid, less brain fog.

Keep yourself Accountable by putting your Health 1ST!  Get through the first few days and you will not want to quit!!

You really have to decide that you are worth taking care of YOU!

Hi all, thanks for the responses! Sorry for the lag- been swamped with coursework. First three days went well compliance-wise, but I was really hungry each night. Today, I ended up bingeing, but no sugar/carbs/dairy, mostly healthy food. Although I have been craving carbs and meat, the binge was probably more due to built-up hunger than cravings. Not sure what to do- eating a "normal amount", 1800-2200 calories, doesn't seem to satisfy me :(

The mods always say to make sure you are adding in the extra healthy fat at each meal.  Sauces and salad dressings, nuts and olives are the healthy fat that is supposed to help you feel full longer.  Go for veggies denser than just lettuce.  Try to take the time for sit-down meals. I know it's hard when you have so much going on, but "grazing" doesn't give your body a chance to have the hungry/full signals it needs. 

Hey! Just finishing up day 3. My advice is similar to above. Don’t even think about calories, look at calories, count calories or even consider them. I’m not 100 percent sure, but I can’t remember one spot in any of the books where they talk about calories. Whole30 is a complete different mindset you have to adapt to. So if you are craving meat, that’s fine. Do you have access to clean meat? On my first day I cooked a lb of bacon and ate a little for breakfast and then dipped it in alvacado throughout the day. Honestly, I snack the whole time on whole30 if I feel I need to in order to stay compliant/sane, but for sure in the first week the books say it’s ok. Do you like almond butter? Alvacado and almond butter help me so much when doing a whole30. Boiled eggs too. But regardless of what you find your “go to” is, just don’t think about calories.

Archived