First time

RowdyAzell

This will be my first whole30. I have a horrible relationship with food. I’m in desperate need of a reset.  I start March 6.

My life is currently in transition. Celebrated my 62 birthday last month;  started a new small business a year ago and it’s finally gaining momentum;  my octogenarian parents moved in with us; hubs is looking at retirement next year; and my daughter had her 4th baby Tuesday. (deep breath) 

seeing my parents suffer makes me realize I need to take better care of myself, but I have a love-hate relationship with food. I’m doing everything else right. I exercise 5 days a week, get plenty of sleep, meditate and pray through stress, take supplements, drink plenty of water. But I crave sugar, chips are my stress food, and I mindlessly binge eat at night. 

I hope it’s not too late to make good decisions for healthy active ‘last years’. 

My goal is to die young at an old age. 

You've had a pretty full plate lately! (no pun intended, I promise!)
Keep taking those deep breaths, and know that you've got this!

It is never too late to start making good decisions. It is never too late to start showing some self-love where food is concerned. It is never too late to start over-writing old habits with new ones. It is never too late to develop a guilt-free relationship with food (even when you make a choice to eat a thing you know is less than healthy for you).

You can slay your sugar dragon.
You can manage stress without food.
You can engage in mindful eating, which reduces the tendency to graze/binge.

I wish you all the best luck in reaching your goals, but I must say that I hope that final one is a long way off, yet! :)

I'm so touched that those words resonated with you the way they have with me. I believe that it's in the hard steps that we learn and grow the most, so I hope that proves true for you as you move forward in this adventure. I'm excited for you!

Archived