Acne not improving

So I started whole30 to figure out if it was food that is making me break out constantly. I'm 25 and have had acne since I was 12.... But I'm on day 18 and my skin still sucks. I have new pimples everyday and I'm getting really discouraged. I read on here that a lot of people break out randomly half way through but I've always been broken out and it hasn't stopped. I am eating differently than before whole30, so maybe it's the different food but I just thought I would have glowing skin by now. I've tried every doctor prescribed medicine and nothing has helped. If it's not the food than idk what it could be. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, dragon007 said:

So I started whole30 to figure out if it was food that is making me break out constantly. I'm 25 and have had acne since I was 12.... But I'm on day 18 and my skin still sucks. I have new pimples everyday and I'm getting really discouraged. I read on here that a lot of people break out randomly half way through but I've always been broken out and it hasn't stopped. I am eating differently than before whole30, so maybe it's the different food but I just thought I would have glowing skin by now. I've tried every doctor prescribed medicine and nothing has helped. If it's not the food than idk what it could be. 

The Whole30 was designed to be a 30 day program because that's how long it takes averagely to heal your gut and let your body start repairing issues.  I don't mean to sound trite when I say this but you're not even 2/3 of the way through the program and if this program of eating is quite a departure from how you used to eat, then it can take the full 30 days or longer to see results.  Also remember that when people report 'glowing skin' as a non scale victory, you don't know what their skin situation was before that.. maybe they've always had mostly great skin and this was just a boost to 'glowing'.  If you've got something you've been struggling with for a long time you're obviously going to be on a different timeline that someone that does not have that particular thing going on... it's the same for people who say they sleep like a rock and people who have suffereed from insomnia or other sleeping issues don't have that same experience... ifyou're not starting from the same start line, the race is going to be quite different.

Now, all that said, why don't you list out what you've been eating and we can see if there's maybe something we can see that stands out that could be tweaked to help you get the most out of this program... maybe there's nothing that can speed up your skin repair but there could be something that a little tweak will make other non scale victories a little more noticable... 

• Administrators

Worth noting - skin conditions of even the most minor variety tend to resolve no sooner than an average of 21 days. (think flare up of eczema, psoriasis etc). Long persisting acne may take longer and the improvement "timer" would likely only start AFTER any sort of detoxification process from doing Whole30.

I'm not promising there is any sort of timer or timeline that matches everyone - just that you could have quite a bit further to go before you see any sort of change. Sorry!

Sorry I took so long to reply! Forgot my password hahah! I know it takes different times for everyone. I just haven’t seen an improvement whatsoever. I’ll just have to be patient I guess. I am eating a lot of almond butter so maybe that is not helping! I guess I have to play around with different foods. 

Archived