Weak During Workout

KellisWaller

I wouldn’t necessarily consider myself an “athlete” per se, but I generally workout 6-7 times per week. Prior to starting my Whole30 a little over week ago, my diest was already 80% Whole30 compliant. After starting my Whole30 on March 16th, I started experiencing limitless energy. I was highly productive in the gym, at work, and at home. However this past weekend, right at my one week milestone, I started feeling extremely tired and unmotivated. That continued all day Saturday, Sunday, and again today. I had to cut my workout short this morning because I couldn’t get through it and I was afraid that I was going to injure myself. If anyone could provide me some guidance or help me to understand what’s going on with my body, I would greatly appreciate it! 

I’ve actually felt like I’ve been over eating on some days.

Generally speaking my diet consists of a pre-workout meal of 1 hard boiled egg with either a handful of raw cashews or almonds, or 1 hard boiled egg mixed with half an avacodo and salsa. After my workout I’ll have either 2 hard boiled eggs mixed with half an avacado and salsa, a banana and an apple, or 1cup-1.5cup of canned chicken protein salad (Whole30 recipe) on a bed of baby spinach. On non-workout days I’ve eaten 2-3 scrambled eggs with asparagus, broccoli, spinach with salsa and half an avacado. 

Lunches and dinners have consisted of 3-5oz of either chicken breast, steak, or pork loin with a variety of sautéed or roasted veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, onions, spinach). Not sure on the portions for the veggies, but I try to have them take up half my plate. 

Where's breakfast on workout days? The pre- and post-workout meals are *in addition* to your regular 3 meals a day. So if you've been skipping breakfast on workout days, you're not eating enough. 

You also want your post-workout meal to be lean protein and probably some starchy veg (veg...not fruit). 

You've not listed any fat in your lunch/dinner. 

I'd recommend taking another look at the meal template and work toward getting yourself some solid template meals, then see how you feel. https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 8:36 PM, laura_juggles said:

Where's breakfast on workout days? The pre- and post-workout meals are *in addition* to your regular 3 meals a day. So if you've been skipping breakfast on workout days, you're not eating enough. 

You also want your post-workout meal to be lean protein and probably some starchy veg (veg...not fruit). 

You've not listed any fat in your lunch/dinner. 

I'd recommend taking another look at the meal template and work toward getting yourself some solid template meals, then see how you feel. https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Thanks. This will surely help me as well.

Archived