Business Trip to Albuquerque-Whole30 Panic!

tomodachi

I just found out I have to travel to Albuquerque on Monday and I’m panicking because I’m not familiar with that city and have no idea where I can eat compliant. I’ll be in a hotel and won’t be able to cook.  Anyone familiar with the city and know of any options for dining out?  I have a business dinner to attend at a...MEXICAN RESTAURANT!   I have already planned what I’ll be eating there. Luckily they offer chicken breast, salad, and baked potato. I’ll make sure they leave any butter off and I’m planning on bringing my own ghee, salad dressing, and bacon crumbles.  Beyond that I’m at a loss for where to eat my other meals.  I’m afraid most places use butter when cooking steaks and it’s the hidden ingredients that have me freaking out.  Anyone in Albuquerque know where there are Whole30 friendly restaurants?  Thanks for your help. 

If no one gives you any first-hand knowledge, I'd highly suggest doing a quick Google search for "paleo restaurants in Albuquerque" to get you started in the right direction. In general, I've found that places that get good attention from paleo folks as being paleo-friendly or just willing to customize orders are the best ones where Whole30 is concerned... at least in my own experience. Once you find a few that you think might help get you through, CALL THEM to ask about ingredients in dishes that interest you (or at least check online to see if they've got an allergens/dietary concerns list posted somewhere).

And breathe. Preparing will help. The good news is that you've got that Mexican place covered, and that's much harder to do than you might think! :) 

Archived