Am I eating enough?

I’m on R1D11 and feel pretty good. I was already mostly gluten, sugar and soy free before I started so the transition wasn’t difficult. I’m following all the rules closely and drinking enough water. My tummy feels flatter and my clothes are looser! My issue is that I cannot eat the recommended volume of food. I can barely get down 1 egg with salsa for breakfast with veggies and a few slices of sweet potatoes with olives or salad dressing. Sometimes I add a half a piece of fruit. I feel totally satiated and rarely get hungry between meals. So I am compliant except for the food quantities. Is it okay for me to eat a smaller amount if it feels right for my body? I am female, 5.2, 59 years old and my pre-Whole30 weight was around 129. I wouldn’t mind losing 5 pounds or so as a result of Whole30 but didn’t do it primarily for that. Just want to get healthier and stop my immune over response which is causing excess histamine. Am I on track or is it necessary to force feed myself? Lol!

• Moderators

If you feel good and you're not hungry, it's probably ok, but pay attention to how you're feeling. If you're tired or run down feeling or just don't feel good or if you are hungry between meals or just generally don't feel well between meals, you might need to eat a little more.

Archived