My log starting Day 13

Carolinek

I’m finishing Day 13. I posted a couple days ago in success stories that I felt great but I’m having a harder time with it now. I’m tired, sleeping a lot, and feeling grouchy. I’m thinking this log might help. Here’s my meals for today:

1. Small potato, sausage patty, zucchini, compliant butter

2. Epic bar and melon

3. Pork chop, broccoli slaw with dressing, beets, tomato salad with bacon. Salads have compliant dressing

Drinks: black coffee, seltzer with splash OJ, water

There are several stressors in my life right now but I didn’t want to wait to start this, so I plunged in anyway. It’s been pretty manageable, but this afternoon I  was ready to be done.  I wanted to go out, have a couple glasses of wine, and some compliant food. I rationalized the thought by thinking I’ll stay on it except for the wine. 

I didn’t go out. Instead I came home, cooked the right food, read this forum, and was able to stay the course.

Onward to day 14 tomorrow! 

Well done!! I find keeping a journal on here is really cathartic, and being on the 3rd round, I really like being able to go back and see how I felt and what I was eating on previous rounds. I hear you on the wine, my third round is more an attempt to get to a point where I'm mostly compliant but allow things when they're "worth it" and it's hard convincing myself that wine isn't worth it some days.

Thanks Schrödinger’s cat! Wow, round 3, I’m impressed. I think this journal will be helpful.

Today was better, now to remember everything I ate:

Breakfast

Banana

small potato 

sausage patty

zucchini

Lunch

1/2 pork chop 

4 slices turkey bacon

sweet potato fries

Snack

Epic bar

My stress level was lower, maybe because it’s Friday.Less tired today too. Hopefully will continue.

Carrots

Dinner

1/2 pork cop

sweet potato fries 

beet

Drinks

black coffee, seltzer, water, tea

Ok, been a couple busy days but keeping the course. Feeling pretty good overall and getting the hang of planning meals and making it work in my life. Wednesday I have an all day work event and they will be serving us lunch, so that may be a problem as lunch is usually an assortment sandwiches and salads. I’m hoping there’s tossed salad that I can use as a base for the meat, but we’ll see. I’m going to stick a couple epic bars in my purse in case there are no good options. 

Other than that, here’s today’s food, Leaned into Epic bars today for convenience, I have to figure out other options for portable compliant food that will fill me up. 

Breakfast

Epic bar

melon

4 figs

Lunch

Hard boiled egg

fried potatoes

2 pieces turkey bacon

Seaweed snack

Snack

Epic bar

late dinner (8:30)

Hamburger

tomato

1/2 fried plantain

Day 18

These hot flashes won’t let up, ugh! I’m almost 59 and technically not in menopause as I still have intermittent periods- keep hoping they will stop. I have been getting hot flashes for a couple years now but this is the worst they have been. In reading through the forum, it seems this is something that happens with the Whole 30, someone offered that it may be due to the release of estrogen in fat? I guess that makes sense but I wish they would let up!

Heres today’s tally:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, half a fried tomato, small sweet potato with compliant butter

Lunch:fried potatoes with 2 slices turkey bacon and hard boiled egg, beets

Dinner: hamburger, squash, coleslaw (compliant), handful smoked scallops, 1/2 Lars bar for sweet treat

Beverages: seltzer with splash of tart cherry juice, plain seltzer, coffee, herbal tea, kombucha 

I am not really hungry, but I think I am eating a lot, maybe too much. Feeling a bit tired but that’s probably due to the multiple hot flashes through the night. 

Day 19

Went on a work retreat today and they served lunch. Typical conference type lunch, wraps, pasta salad, tossed salad and cookies and chips. So....what to do? I could have called ahead but I didn’t want to explain all the restrictions of the whole 30 so I made do.  I took two wraps, a turkey and a veggie one, and some tossed salad, to which I put balsamic vinaigrette on. Then I opened the wraps and put the turkey Slices and roasted veggies on top. Not bad for making do!

I have no idea if there was added sugar in the dressing, or the marinade that was on the veggies, but I figured It was at least close. Breakfast was 2 eggs and fried tomatoes and dinner was just a chicken sausage, squash, 1/2 medium sweet potato and 1/2 Lars Bar.

Feel pretty good today, only woke up 3 times or so last night hot flashing. I’m not even going to think they’re over but maybe I got a reprieve for a night.

Day 20!

Pretty good day. Met a friend for dinner and had a hamburger with a fried egg on top and a few sweet potato fries. No bun of course. Asked for salsa to go with the hamburger, not sure if it had sugar but it didn’t taste sweet. Lunch was tossed salad with turkey, melon, and figs. Breakfast was sausage patty, egg, banana, and fried tomatoes. 

I’m getting the hang of how to fit this in my life. Eating out is harder but doable. 

Hot flashes again were not bad last night. Dare I hope?

Archived