Re-starting September 2nd

Sam Hindmarsh

Hey everyone! My name is Sam, and I'm starting the Whole30 on September 2nd. 

This is my second round of the W30. I attempted it while living in a community house with a busy working family, and we had a shared groceries system. They were great folks, but this set-up sometimes made trying to closely manage and regulate my diet difficult, and so I kind of gave up. 

I moved into new place in last December, and I'm now able to have direct control of what groceries I buy. I'm starting into it again, but this time I want to do it right! I had no idea this resource was here last time, so I'm going to lean into it when the going gets rough.

Looking forward connecting with other Whole30-ers out there!

Good luck with your September Whole30, Sam! I failed my first Whole30 in 2015 because I decided to have a drink at a wedding (so not worth it!). Since then I’ve completed four rounds - so don’t worry that you weren’t able to get through it before, I’m confident you’ll do it this time. :) the people on the forum are really nice and helpful. If you use Instagram, there are lots of people documenting their Whole30 journeys there, and of course Whole30 Headmistress Melissa Urban (handle is still Melissa_Hartwig at the time I’m writing this), and the official Whole30 and Whole30 recipes accounts.

You got this!! :) 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Welcome @Sam Hindmarsh!

Glad to hear you are giving it another try. Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind and prepared to set yourself up for success. You will find a lot of great support here and like the above poster said, a TON of resources via Instagram. Let us know how we can support you! Best of Luck!

Amy

Hey Sam!  I'll be starting my Whole 30 on 9/2.  This will be my 3rd (although my last one wasn't successful).  I totally get the challenges of living with people who don't share your eating habits/plans.  I have a roommate and we share groceries.  I do all of the cooking, so it will be a Whole 30 month for him too.  lol

Wishing you a successful journey this time around. :)

Archived