Vermont Smoke & Cure Products- which ones are compliant?

DanPrudden

Hi all, I'm on day 2 and I was told (by a friend who did a round) that the Vermont Uncured Turkey Pepperoni sticks were compliant so I grabbed a couple yesterday. Today, I go to eat one and realized I accidentally grabbed a BBQ Beef one. I can't really find anything online to verify if this is okay to eat or not. The ingredients on the turkey and the beef appear to both have evaporated cane sugar, so now I'm questioning whether either are compliant. Can anyone clarify? Thank you in advance!

Ingredients for Beef: Beef, Molasses Powder, Sea Salt, Spices, Evaporated Cane Sugar, Paprika, Celery Juice Powder, Cherry Juice Powder, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Lactic Acid Starter Culture (Not From Milk). Encased in Collagen Casing

Ingredients for turkey: Turkey, Less Than 2% of: Spices, Sea Salt, Celery Juice Powder, Paprika, Evaporated Cane Sugar, Cherry Juice Powder, Spice Extractives, Garlic Powder, Lactic Acid Starter Culture (Not From Milk). Encased in Collagen Casing.

• Moderators

Neither of these is ok because of the sugar and the molasses. Always read labels, even if someone tells you something is ok. Recipes change, people make mistakes, it's always best to verify for yourself before purchasing and definitely before eating any product. 

The only products we can definitely say are whole30 compliant are the ones in the Whole30 Approved program (https://whole30.com/whole30-approved/). Obviously there are other products that are also compliant, but you'll just have to read labels to determine which items at your local stores are. 

Archived