Questions about Reintroduction

sherribear71

I am on day 9 and already looking into planning the reintroduction phase.  Prior to Whole30 I struggled with bloating, gas, abd pain and constipation.  On whole30 I struggle with bloating, gas, abd pain and diarrhea.  How in the world will I know what my body does not agree with when I am still so uncomfortable?  I was originally hoping that the discomforts during the whole30 would subside, but, after reading through this forum there are not guarantees.  Many people are still have all of the above symptoms at the end of whole 30.  If I reintroduce dairy and have gas, bloating and diary it will be like ever other day on the whole 30.

• Moderators

You're on day 9, it's still possible that you will see relief from these things before you get to day 30. Don't give up hope.

If you do still have these symptoms on day 30, it might be harder to know how you're reacting to reintroduced foods, but you can pay attention to other things, like how your skin looks, what your mood is like, how much energy you have throughout the day.

For now, it may be worth keeping a log of what you're eating and how you're feeling, to see if your symptoms change at all with different foods. Common items that cause bloating and gas include raw vegetables, cruciferous vegetables like broccoli or cabbage whether raw or cooked, having too many nuts or nut-based products, and carbonated beverages. 

Since some of these symptoms have been ongoing, if they continue throughout your whole30 it might be a good idea to talk to your doctor to be sure there's no underlying medical stuff that needs to be addressed.

Archived