anyone ever start around their birthday?

Krystle0806

I'm reading the book,  taking notes and have my list of "to do's" in preparation to start but my birthday is July 7th and I'm wondering if I should hold off. I'm already gluten free, so I won't be eating cake but am considering waiting until after.  Just looking for inspiration to start sooner. I'm starting this journey because I have digestion issues and am really hoping for the relief this plan can bring.  

Also,  I take a anxiety medication that can upset my stomach if not taken with adequate carbs.  Anyone have similar issues and so have success with this plan? 

Thanks for your comments and thoughts!!

Hi Krystle - My birthday is tomorrow, but I decided to start today.  I figured if I didn't start I would overindulge on cake etc.  Due to the pandemic, I don't have anything planned so I figured I might as well get started - I've been eating too much due to the isolation and have been feeling terrible lately.  So - will you feel better on your birthday if you're on Whole30 or if you're not?  Have a great birthday!

@Krystle0806 Happy upcoming Birthday to you! And congratulations on choosing to start! 

I don't take any medication but I'll just say that I eat a lot of potatoes and starchy vegetables when I do Whole30. Like, sometimes three meals a day. In general, you're encouraged to eat at least a fist-sized serving of starchy vegetables each day (e.g., white potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnip, winter squashes such as butternut and spaghetti, carrots, rutabaga, beets). I usually do this twice a day and sometimes three times. It's what makes me feel my best and I'm pretty active so I don't feel bad about it. 

I'm not sure how many carbs this translates to, but hopefully these types of vegetables will be sufficient for your medication!

Oh, and let me know if you want me to share some of my favorite recipes that incorporate starchy vegetables! I love sharing recipes! 

Here you go: 

In general, Mel Joulwan, Paleo Running Momma, and 40Aprons are my favorite recipe bloggers! In particular, check out 40Apron's Chic-fil-A chicken nuggets and her In N Out burgers! So. Good. 

On 6/25/2020 at 4:19 PM, kirbz said:

Here you go: 

In general, Mel Joulwan, Paleo Running Momma, and 40Aprons are my favorite recipe bloggers! In particular, check out 40Apron's Chic-fil-A chicken nuggets and her In N Out burgers! So. Good. 

Thank you for all your help! I tried out the instant potatoes backpacking this weekend, made myself a dehydrated type meals and it was pretty good! :) Happy eating!

Archived